PTP move to get out of error situation

• Hello, i think you need to something like this 😉

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hello, i think you need to something like this 😉

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think that you might be right... does do robot return back up as soon as it touches an obstacle?

What functions are used here?

Best regards.

Aleix

• he is using soft servo and interrupt to cancel downward motion. after that main program resumes and lifts the arm. you can see in video when no block is present the lowest position reached is above table. that is the same point that robot tries to reach every time it goes down but if the obstacle is detected, downward motion is cancelled. check Programming Manual for System Integrators.

btw. soft servo is accomplished through torque mode. this is set/reset differently on KRC2 and KRC4.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Can someone tell which axis/axes are soft in the video, I would have guessed he is measuring the torque on A5, but in one of the attempts the robot is not hitting the bolt on the flange but the wrist end which I would think would not work for A5.

• Can someone tell which axis/axes are soft in the video, I would have guessed he is measuring the torque on A5, but in one of the attempts the robot is not hitting the bolt on the flange but the wrist end which I would think would not work for A5.

Hello.

Yes a bit more info would be great for me to. My guess is that in order for this to work axes 2 to 6 need to be in soft servo mode. At least this is how my aplication behaves. Axes 2 to 6 move when parts are being inserted in to the test machine.

Cheers

I'm using the axes 2,3 and 5 in softmode, and like panic mode said, the programmed motion is the lowest point, then with the interrput the current motion is being canceled if the robot hits something. The interrupt is triggered by watching the $TORQUE_AXIS_ACT[] variables for the axes 2,3 and 5. And you have to fine tune it to your specs and load...

This was the test also to measure the height of object that robot hits...

• In my experience you have to go really slow if you work with rigid objects. The robot takes distance to brake. Imagine moving your hand really fast while holding a brick. Even if there is a child running by, you cannot stop your hand immediately. If you only sense the child being in the way by the extra force required to move your hand... the child was already hit hard, and only then will you think about slowing down your hand.

I remember panicmode telling me, its like parking a car blindfolded and detecting a wall when the engine load gets higher... its kinda too late.

Much better to have some interrupt triggered by a spring-loaded gripper... so you have much more time to stop and go back higher.

Fine tuning the holding torque parameters was a pain...

• Code
    6 DEF search()
    7 ...
    8 BRAKE
    9 SET_TORQUE_LIMITS(1,{lower 1000, upper 1000, monitor #off})
    10 PTP_REL {A1 10}
    11 RESET_TORQ_LIMITS(1)
    12 piece_found = $POS_ACT_MES
    13 PTP $AXIS_RET
    14 END

Above example is part of

KUKA System Software 8.6 - Operating and Programming Instructions for System Integrators

manual and can be found easily by searching for PTP_REL

• We are regular using this feature but for avoiding collision only. We use 1 sensor for detection. and torque monitoring is backup. if sensor fails then only torque monitoring comes in picture.

also sensor is tested for it performance at every start of cycle. But we are working in really hazardous condition. Temperature of component is 1000 plus and we cannot keep robot waiting in that area. So we use this function.

Using a sensor for part detection is always preffered

Advertising from our partners