KPC Unable to configure IP adress

• Hello guys, a friend of mine has a KRC4 KPC that isn't communicating with it's robot, on the smartpad the erros "Unable to configure IP adress automatically / Could not set IP adress / IP adress request failed" appears. Where should I look first when I get there? Thank you.

• if the smartPad does not connect to controller, the best option is to open controller and connect monitor directly to KPC then boot it up.this will allow you to see if controller is operational or not. if it is, you just ruled out big part of the system and narrowed it down to software issue or cable (or maybe CCU).

and if controller is not operation, check power and a boot screen for any sign of life.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• In my experience connecting monitor to already powered KRC4 controller usually produces no image on the monitor.

So always cycle power to controller after connecting monitor to be sure ... (Unless you see the image already of course).

If there is still no image on monitor most likely motherboard is toast... or monitor is not powered up and using correct video input.

If monitor is ok and connected before controller is powered up, SOMETHING should be displayed... like KUKA splash screen - even if RAM is defective since RAM test starts moment later.

But if RAM or CPU are not seated correctly, all bets are off.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners