"D" Batteries for Fanuc M70iC

• Good afternoon all,

Our robot uses four D size batteries, Part #A98L-0031-0005 from Fanuc. Does anyone know whether these are standard alkaline batteries I can buy from Wal-mart? I have not had the chance to open the battery case for myself due to our tight production schedule.

Also, would lithium batteries be the better option and last longer compared to alkaline? We are looking at changing these batteries once a year on our annual preventative maintenance (PM) schedule. Thanks!:thumbs_up:

• Use a name brand alkaline battery, don't skimp. Been seeing posts about batteries going dead and losing master.

We never!!! turn the power off to our robot controller, we just power it down with the off button.

When you turn off the large switch used to lock out the robot to maintain or repair it, it goes onto battery back up.

the only time you want to be on battery backup is when the power is off to your building.

• Thanks for the reply pdl, I bought Duracell's "Procell" D size battery. I am unsure if they are industrial grade or not, but praying they last at least one year, since our Preventative maintenance routine calls to change them out once a year.

• Thanks for the reply pdl, I bought Duracell's "Procell" D size battery. I am unsure if they are industrial grade or not, but praying they last at least one year, since our Preventative maintenance routine calls to change them out once a year.

Battery technology changes are minimal at best. You should follow PM schedules. - It's all the same behind the hood. - In all actuality, unless you're power cycling the robot consistently (or keeping the robot offline for long periods of time). Just watch your alarms. You will get an alarm when it's time to change.

Advertising from our partners