IRB 1400 M94A can't power off, because after power on again system hangs up on welcome screen.

• Hi,

i have robot from this thread: TPU contact lost

After almost 2 years of welding i have problem that i haven't seen before and cant find the tips about it.

Since friday, after power on, sometimes i have fault TPU contact lost and sometimes it is hangs up on information Welcome in the S4 controller (which indicates no contact between TPU and CPU (?)).

It is strange, because I disconnect batteries and I can install new system without problems (arcware, parameters, program) - everythings work - UNTIL I power off and power on again - hangs up.

What i checked:

- Connection of TP - cables, plugs - OK

- replaced main CPU DSQC325 - no changes (I can install the system, later hangs up)

- replaced axis CPU DSQC326 (I put eeprom from my dsqc326, because i have only one pair of them) - no changes (I can install the system, later hangs up)

- batteries are both 3,62V

- replaced memory DSQC 321 - no changes (I can install the system, later hangs up)

Interestingly, i can do a P-start, or system restart from File menu without problems. I can't just power off.

Now I'm waiting for the new EEPROMS to check out.

Thank You for your help.

Edited 2 times, last by case25 ().

• case25

Changed the title of the thread from “Strange behaviour - IRB 1400 M94A hangs up after power on, otherwise working properly” to “IRB 1400 M94A can't power off, because after power on again system hangs up on welcome screen.”.
  • After reloading software but before loading in the backup, does it still hang up if you shut down?

Before shutting it down, can you jog the robot?

What firmware version of EPROMs? Best to use the -SBV & -SDG set or the Y2K 6382 & 6283 set.

• Yes, on clean system it is hans up after power off.

Yes, i can synchronize and jog the robot.

He has a lot of work, so i installed the system and he's welding right now. I can't just turnt it off at night.

I have eeprom:

4911014-RHK D63

4911014-RHJ D62

• Preface: It has been many years (15+) since I touched an M94a controller and remember very little of the Shutdown options, or really much else.

It sounds like the system is not creating an image.bin file when powered off, have the batteries for the RWM been examined, or different CPU boards been tried?

Lemster, Skooter, and SAABholic are much more reliable with good advice for systems of this vintage.

• The -RHJ & -RHK are for the old M94A software that ABB recalled and replaced with Commware(RobotWare) 2.0. Hopefully you are not using the M94A software.

If you are running the RW2.0, BW2.1 or BW3.0 software, you need one of the sets below which are listed oldest to newest:

D62 - 4911014-RND

D63 - 4911014-RNE

D62 - 4911014-RRY

D63 - 4911014-RRZ

D62 - 4911014-SBV

D63 - 4911014-SDG

D62 - 3HAC6382-001

D63 - 3HAC6383-001

Advertising from our partners