Is it possible to know the Transmission Gear Ratio for the robot joints

• Hello,

I'm trying to use laser to fine calibrate after a motor change of my robots, I want to test this method, but I was unable to calculate the error in the calibration.

I had a difference of 0,005 rad in the motor calibration offset, but I would like to know how much this represents in the joint, does anyone know how to get this information (Gear Ratio)?

Robot: ABB IRC5 IRB 7600-500/2.55.

Thanks

• So this is a little funny. The gear ratio is hidden. Its an ABB secret. So you can't see it in the controller unless you know how to read internal MOC data. But they didn't hide the gear ratio in the VC so you can see it in robotstudio.
    You can find it under Control Panel > Configuration > Motion > Transmission.

I checked a 7600-500/2.55 and it's:

• Hello Gildur,

Thanks for your help!

I found other information about this.

The manufacturer of the gear reducer of the ABB robots is NABTESCO, the information can be found in the internet, for my robots it's the RV Series, there is no standard reducer with this ratio, I think the ABB reducers are special order.

You can get the ration also in the code of ABB, if you search for 3HAC17811-1 (replacement reducer for axis 6) the code is RV 125F-178,41, it isn't in the catalog of the NABTESCO, the RV is the series, 125 is related to the torque and frame, 178,41 is the ratio, and "F" is a special series of RV with IP67.

But it's much easier with your method.

Thank you again,

• Hello Gilldur,

I followed the step you mentioned to read the gear ratio.

However, I can't see any value there. More tips?

Use the Virtual Teach pendant.

Edit:

I noticed now that they have actually locked it out of the VC teach pendant as well. You have to boot the robot as 6.07 or earlier to still be able to see it in the VC teach pendant. Guess they finally decided to fix it.

Edited once, last by Gilldur: New findings ().

Advertising from our partners