BG Logic

• I have a few things added in BG that has been essential but some of our team members beg to differ. I know it’s a shot in the dark but is there any way to capture data when someone goes into BG Logic and stops and/or clears out a program from that list? For example, got logic in place that prevents operators from resetting collisions. I would like to be able to see who stops that program from running.

• RobotCoder, valid point on the logbook.ls I forgot all about that. Sometimes they don't delete out of the TP, they just stop the program in BG. I wanted a way to capture this.

I thought about pulsing a DO in the BG program, then writing a script in ladder to trigger a UALM when that DO stops pulsing since they're not familiar with ladder in the first place. I'm not sure if it would work though.

• I ended up running my logic inside PMC so everything is hidden. BG triggers a DO on. Inside PMC, when the Push Button Start DI is pressed that same DO will reset. BG is supposed to turn it back on. If not, I set it to trigger an alarm.

• Hy to all!

I have one question. I would like to send for PLC in real time the status of $WAIT_ACTIVE system variable. I tried to do it in BG program, but problem is, this variable is boolean, and i don't know how to test the status. I have always problem: "variable type mismatch". Can someone explain me, how to do it correctly?

Thank you!

Advertising from our partners