Error 1556

• Can you grab a small video of it and also capture the K-Roset background, I've not come across that before, so I can try and replicate it.

Only when the Teach Panel in K-Roset (This is what Alexandru is referring to I think) and the virtual teach pendant is open, when using the teach panel, produces CPU flange speed errors.

• from this menu you can move the robot

No the teach panel is not open its on the program panel currently. I've also tried opening a new project as well and its doing it still. Interestingly I can jog when the manual speed is set to 1 or 2. 3 or above and it alarms out.

Can you grab a small video of it and also capture the K-Roset background, I've not come across that before, so I can try and replicate it.

Only when the Teach Panel in K-Roset (This is what Alexandru is referring to I think) and the virtual teach pendant is open, when using the teach panel, produces CPU flange speed errors.

I'll try and figure out how to do a desktop video here shortly. Sorry I'm just responding today to this. Unfortunately yesterday was a day where I had to spend more time on the shop floor then at my desk. Thanks for looking into this guys.

• Unfortunately the folder doesn't appear to contain any data or appears corrupted.

If you are having trouble, use WeTransfer https://wetransfer.com

Upload the raw file and send it to my personal email (I'll send you this via PM) and I'll attach it on the post.

Could you also provide the following:

1. K-Roset version you're using

2. Which Model/Controller and Firmware version your project is using.

3. Does this problem occur in Lite Mode or Licensed - Have you tried it in the other mode.

• One sec and I'll try and email it over.

1. K-Roset version is 1.81.16705

2. I have a RD080N-A001 with a E controller with AS version 10100X4E

3. I have a full license, I have not tried LITE mode actually. Thats a good suggestion.

I am able to load other projects with other robot models and have no issue. Any time I create a project RD080N-A001 with a E controller and AS version 10100X4E these issues arise. The original project I was working on used to work as well which is the interesting thing. I may try changing my AS version nd see if that helps?

• Cheers for the information.

I've uploaded the video and replaced your attachment with a revised one.

Yes, I've just opened up K-Roset in Lite mode (using the latest 1.82 version) and the RD is producing these errors with the virtual teach pendant in joint mode.

ZD, MD and CP series are also experiencing this to.

I haven't tested other interpolations, but using the K-Roset teach panel instead yields no problems.

I just tried with RD using older stock AS 1000001M and it works OK using the virtual teach pendant, so I think this is a PCAS software bug within K-Roset.

Probably worthwhile feeding this back to Kawasaki Distributor actually (although, I'd be surprised if they weren't aware of this issue already).

Just to note - the issue is still there with the latest version (1.82).....so upgrading will not rectify it.

Create your project with the AS version above and see if you can use it that way.

Useful to know about this that you've discovered, so thanks for sharing it.

(I do not use virtual tp in K-Roset for jogging at all, as I find K-Roset teach alot easier and more accurate to use instead - I would recommend this).

• I had not considered it so that is a very helpful suggestion in of its self. Ive been using the virtual TP a lot here lately because I've been designing labs for my technicians to perform on here. I mandate that they use the TP so its closer to the real thing. Thanks for running this down, I'll be sure to report the issue back to my distributer. Glad it wasn't my mistake for a change for a change!

• Yes, unfortunately and fortunately, it appears you've located a bug with for your required modelling.

But it appears to be more conducive to the AS Firmware related to palletizing (4 or 5 axis manipulators) in my opinion from initial testing.#

I'll also fire off an email and see what I can find out, as I can see this 'question' appearing again at some point in the future.

I hear you regarding using something 'close to the real thing'.

Only thing I can suggest is to create the project you're going to use for the training, using an older AS firmware for the time being.........:top:

• Just a little follow up on this issue. I found that with a project using a rs003n, and a e-controller that the issues also appears in reverse. I am able to jog via the virtual teach pendant but cant use the k-roset teach panel. If I try and use the teach panel then the project freezes/crashes. There is no solution that I've found, just identifying another bug.

• Are you talking about the following situation?

yes. I've received those errors along with the robot not really moving. It would twitch and then you would not be able to move it at all. Motor Power would be on, now errors would be active. the virtual robot would no longer move with either the virtual tp or teach panel then, hence the "crashed" description.

• That has been around since KROSET has existed and Kawasaki have never resolved it (and I don't think they ever will).

In my opinion, you have 2 Controllers and I think this is how it works:

- KROSET for programming and moving the robot without requiring real world conditions (motor power, cycle start or interface panels etc).

- PCAS Controller (Virtual TP, Operation Panel and Programming Terminal just like a real world controller).

- You have the option of using KROSET Controller (much more freedom) as KROSET and not real world controller.

- You have the option of using PCAS Controller (as real world) for familiarity and transparency.

- Hence the option of synchronization if required.

As KROSET Controller does not need motor power or cycle start (a real world operation panel) to function and PCAS Controller does.

If trying to use both, I think the PCAS Controller takes priority.....BUT does not disable the KROSET Controller.

- Like 2 Software Samurai Warriors fighting for control of the robot.

Motor Power appears to be the underlying factor in my opinion:

- In KROSET Controller it is always on.

- In PCAS Controller it is required to be turned on BUT does not disable the KROSET Controller.

- Hence the conflict.

As most people are familiar with a 'real world robot', they elect to use the PCAS Controller and not KROSET.

Myself I only use the virtual TP to change Aux functions or testing interface panel functionality and programming, then sync to KROSET.

Any manual jogging I do using the Teach Panel in KROSET.

Advertising from our partners