BZAL 062 ERROR FOR MULTIPLE Axes

• Guys

I got BZAL 062 Servo fro Group 1(Robot) - Axis 1,2,3,4,5

I tried resetting the coder and power start, but i am still getting the same error

the error is not going away.

Is there something worn with my Batteries ???

• SRVO-062 BZAL alarm(Group:%d Axis:%d)

Cause: This alarm is issued when the battery for backing up the absolute position data of the Pulsecoder is not connected or is

empty. The battery cable inside the robot might have become disconnected.

Remedy: Replace the battery in the battery box of the robot base or the Pulsecoder. Refer to the Controller Maintenance Manual

for more information.

Correct the cause of the alarm, then turn on the power again after doing PULSE RESET operation. Mastering is

required. There are the following two methods for PULSE RESET.

Method 1: Move the cursor to $MCR.$SPC_RESET on the system variable screen, and select F4 TRUE. It

becomes TRUE momentarily, it writes in FALSE at once. Then press RESET.

Method 2: F3 RES_PCA is pushed on the MASTER/CAL screen, and select F4 YES. Then press RESET.

Note: The MASTER/CAL screen is not usually displayed.

• usually following this step can erase the alarm.

1. Change the battery with new one.

2. turn on the Controller

3. Reset the pulse coder alarm by go to, Menu => System => Mastering => push the RES_PCA button

4. turn off and on again the controller

5. the alarm will erase, but you need to mastering the robot.

• usually following this step can erase the alarm.

1. Change the battery with new one.

2. turn on the Controller

Do NOT change these batteries with the controller power off!

I know in sanjay's case it probably won't matter since he already cycled the power, but I do recall reading in one of the manuals that the encoders do also have capacitors to briefly retain their counts but I really wouldn't count on these.

• Do NOT change these batteries with the controller power off!

I know in sanjay's case it probably won't matter since he already cycled the power, but I do recall reading in one of the manuals that the encoders do also have capacitors to briefly retain their counts but I really wouldn't count on these.

as my understanding, BZAL means that encoder already lost the power and lost their last counting save. so it wont matter when you change it while power on or not

• SRVO-062 BZAL just means that the current battery state is that no battery voltage is detected by the pulsecoder. If the arm has not lost power, you will still have your pulse count held in the encoder memory.

Also from the wording in the error manual, the SRVO-065 indicates a charge is still left in the batteries, just that it's below the allowable minimum. Anyone able to clarify if this is just to indicate a difference between an intact connection in the battery circuit where the encoders will still lose count memory, or does it just indicate that the low batteries are capable of still sustaining the count for a much shorter period of time?

• SRVO-062 BZAL just means that the current battery state is that no battery voltage is detected by the pulsecoder. If the arm has not lost power, you will still have your pulse count held in the encoder memory.

Also from the wording in the error manual, the SRVO-065 indicates a charge is still left in the batteries, just that it's below the allowable minimum. Anyone able to clarify if this is just to indicate a difference between an intact connection in the battery circuit where the encoders will still lose count memory, or does it just indicate that the low batteries are capable of still sustaining the count for a much shorter period of time?

According to the manual SRVO-065 BLAL is low battery voltage detected but if not replaced soon then you will get the SRVO-062 BZAL which means the encoder has lost connection to the batteries entirely whether they are dead or the cable has become broken or unplugged and you've already lost mastering. In my experience you won't get a BZAL alarm until you've already cycled power. We have to remaster an AUX axis a few times a day due to a bad cable and I can unplug the servo encoder cable with no alarms until i've cycled power. That's when the BZAL alarm comes up is after booting. So in other words the batteries probably started going dead and due to them not being replaced they died completely and the next time he turned the controller on he received the BZAL alarm. Or he had a BLAL alarm and cycled power to get rid of it without changing batteries and then got the BZAL alarm. Either way his mastering is lost if he has an active SRVO-062.

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio."

• According to the manual SRVO-065 BLAL is low battery voltage detected but if not replaced soon then you will get the SRVO-062 BZAL which means the encoder has lost connection to the batteries entirely whether they are dead or the cable has become broken or unplugged and you've already lost mastering. In my experience you won't get a BZAL alarm until you've already cycled power. We have to remaster an AUX axis a few times a day due to a bad cable and I can unplug the servo encoder cable with no alarms until i've cycled power. That's when the BZAL alarm comes up is after booting. So in other words the batteries probably started going dead and due to them not being replaced they died completely and the next time he turned the controller on he received the BZAL alarm. Or he had a BLAL alarm and cycled power to get rid of it without changing batteries and then got the BZAL alarm. Either way his mastering is lost if he has an active SRVO-062.

As my experience and information from Fanuc engineer, the pulscoder get the power from the controller and the battery as the backup. When the robot is turning off, the battery take a place to support and supply electricity to the pulsecoder so, the data is still there.
    When you already got this BZAL alarm, there is nothing to do with your mastering count (you already lose it)

either you change it when robot On or Off, it doesn't matter because BZAL it self told you that you already lose your mastering count and need to remaster.

• Hello

Can you help me please I have the same problem SRVO-062 in all exis, I alredy changed the batheries and i did the reset and turn OFF/ON the robot but the fault is still apear.

Advertising from our partners