KRC4 KSS8.5.8 : PROGRAM NOT AVAILABLE

• Hi,

Starting a brand new robot, in fact it is a clone of a cell I did a year ago. This one though, has come with a newer version of KSS (8.5.8).

I've updated config.dat, sps and copied all the library files into the right folder.

When I try to copy a program into the program folder it gets marked as it has errors.

If I reset the controller then errors disappear.

But, when I try to select it a message saying "/R1/programA not available".

I need the User Tech package, which I still have it not installed (the program has plenty of special inline forms)... I hope I will get it today from KUKA. Can this be the reason for this? have you seen it before?

As always, thank you in advance.

• Hi,

So if I understand correctly: you copy a KRL program (you wrote?) to the KRC. The program requires UserTech. Usertech is not installed.

Yes, probably that is why you get the message 'program not available'.

• Solved it...

The headers in the program were from an older version, different and non functional with the new KSS...

Changed them and all works fine now.

PS: I received the user tech, installed it and after doing it the problem was still there...

• Yeah, KSS 5.8 seems to break a lot of backward compatibility. I imagine the next 2-3 years will be a bit painful this way...

Of course, not having the right Tech Packages installed will be fatal, no matter what KSS version you're running.

• i think you meant 8.5.8

yes there is set of new system variables but current system variable manual covers only some.

multisubmit was introduced in 8.3 and this part is there.

some declarations are placed in different DAT files even in KSS8.5.x and KSS8.5.y

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I have multiple library files (src and dat) stored into a MyLib folder inside the Program folder (KRC/roboter/R1/Program/MyLib) and the program the customer wants to run inside the Program folder (KRC/roboter/R1/Program).

After installing all the tech packages flawlessy and after a couple of hours of training the customer we have shut the machine down.

Note: it seems not having user tech installed doesn't allow you to use KFD files and to create extra menues in the robot HMI. But files load can be executed correctly.

After powering the robot again a couple of library files (inside MyLib folder) showed errors... (remember we had been working with them).

After checking the headers of the files again all of them were correct (they had not changed)...

I've moved all the SRC / DAT files in the program and MyLib folder to the D drive.

Moved them again into their desired locations and we were working again without problems...

I've been using this files organization for years... Usually I've got problems with strings handling in different KSS versions... but this is the first time it happens to me... More when the files are working flawlessly in a KR60 robot that's 2 years old now in the same factory...

Have you seen this kind of behavior before?

I'll call KUKA support department tomorrow... if they come up with a possible explanation I'll let you know...

Note: All the programs I have made for this customer have been done using Expert Tech (installed in both robots since the very beginning) and the coords are stored directly in the SRC file (no points in the DAT file). This afternoon I've seen the customer wanted to try the normal/base way to store points and that the program we've been using in the new robot had some points stored using the normal method... who knows if the inline forms of the basic LIN/PTP points changed in those robot versions...

:O

• if dependency gets removed, related program files will fail to compile and show red "x"

even if dependency is returned, other files are not recompiled automatically (unless restored dependency is global).

in this case moving files out of R1 and then back forces recompile. this is more convenient with multiple files than opening and making tiny change in each file (add and remove space then save).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners