R-30iB Mate Plus Password Option and RFID tags

• Has anybody used RFID tags, like work/security badges, with the Password Option? I am looking for a way to prevent passwords from being shared and it would be awesome if the users could be integrated with passwords and the RFID tag.

I see that there is a USB option for the passwords as well so I will look into that but any additional advice or information is greatly appreciated.

• Unfortunately this cell isn't controlled by a PLC, it is a simple cell with the R-30iB Plus and a safety PLC. I'm pretty sure the only "easy" login option for this cell is going to be using a USB device.

Thank you for the link though!

• The USB Devices had some intermittent issues when i tried them, but that was primarily caused in the setup and a minor revision that Fanuc says is fixed. Otherwise they were effective, but a hassle to plug in and unplug.

It isn't the best thing, but as far as i know, as long as you do not use a non safe input to control a safety device, you CAN use a safety PLC as an intermediary between a non safe input and a non safety output.

Advertising from our partners