Some questions about robot AS version in KRoset

• Hi Kwakisaki & Alexsandru

I have a RS030N robot with a AS Group ASE_010300X4V as in the title when I saved it to .as file. I created some locations and ran them to get a brief idea where the locations were.

I found there was not an exact same AS version in KRoset as I wanted to test the locations I created and added some more locations and programs to monitor the robot behaviour. I chose AS version 10100X3V instead in KRoset, then loaded the locations I created.

I made a motion program to run all the locations I created which they seemed correct to me.

My questions are,

1 If a AS version is not available in KRoset, which happens in my case, is there a way to find a similar AS version in KRoset in comparision to a real robot?

2 Do these locations I loaded to KRoset can let the robot go to the exact same locations as a real robot can even I noticed the zeroing data are different in real robot and KRoset?

3 If I continue working in KRoset to create more locations and programs, are they all acceptable/OK to be loade to the real robot?

(I will only load .pg files and trans as I know their AS group are different.)

Thank you.

• How you use K-Roset is big factor - specifically Controller synchronization (if you do not know what I mean, you need to take K-Roset training).

In answer to your questions:

1. AS version in K-Roset is very poor, they do not offer all AS versions to match real robot.

- Later AS versions offer enhanced features, command support, bug fixes.

- Always better to select latest version in K-Roset for Project.

- It is not advisable to load full real robot backup into K-Roset as some features from real robot will create errors in K-Roset or may not function correctly.

- Unless you have ONLINE license in K-Roset, I would offer caution when transferring data from real robot to K-Roset and K-Roset values to real robot.

2. and 3. Zeroing data does not need to match real robot in order to robot to visit same location as real robot.

- All locations, joint angle or transformation are relative to physical robot and BASE and TOOL coordinate data used.

- If you use same Robot Model, BASE and TOOL values as real robot, you should achieve same location as real robot, irrespective of AS Version.

If you are transferring just program data and location data from real robot to K-Roset, all you need in K-Roset is to make sure:

- You select same Robot Model (AS Version is not a factor).

- Set Project so that ANY coordinate system (BASE/TOOL) used is same and matches real robot (Synchronized).

When complete, create file from K-Roset to contain ONLY the same data you initially transferred including modifications to sequence and additional location data) for transfer back to real robot.

• Hi Kwakisaki

Your reply answers all my queries. Thank you.

I only transfer locations and programs to test my program, see how robot behaviours etc.

Just another question, in terms of latest AS version in KRoset, is the AS version at the bottom of scroll down list the latest version when we load robot in KRoset? See attached picture circled in red please.

Thank you.

• Also for the real robot, before starting the programs and all settings, it is good to update the AS and SV versions.

In K-ROSET i am doing only test programs and maybe the cycle time. Only once i loaded the programs and points from a real robot to k-roset to see the trajectory from the robot, it was the same although the AS version wasnt the same.

What is your robot application?

Advertising from our partners