UALM in runned programs

• Hi,

I have a TP program started by the RUN command which can set an UALM in a specific condition. My "mother" program uses a flag to wait the end of execution:

Code
    F[1]=(ON)
    RUN CHECK_SR
    ...somethings....
    WAIT (F[1]=OFF)

When the runned program set the UALM it goes in the PAUSED status and the "mother" program remains stuck on the WAIT condition (this is ok and is what I need); by the BLUE RESET BUTTON I reset the fault but with a CYCLE START it doesn't run anymore remaining in the PAUSED status. The question is: how to restart a runned program that han been paused? is it possible?

thanks

• Why RUN, not CALL?

because this program checks SR using two nested for loops and last too seconds.... so I run it during return back to starting position

You need to abort first.

very unconfortable..... this means that a runned program have to end or run forever.

I'll find another solution, thanks

• You could mess with the abort/pause priority in the header of the program. That way you running program just ignores abort and pause requests. I recommend putting in a manual way to abort the program, as there will be no other way to stop it.

I go over it in this thread:

Re: DCS automatic restart

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• I think the root cause of this issue is using UALM in the run thread. Instead put the UALM in the main thread. Then your run program can set a flag if it completes successfully. Main thread waits for completion flag then checks the success flag and throws UALM if false.

Advertising from our partners