Motoman controls and training

• Hello,

I recently accepted a new apprenticeship for robotic welding at my place of employment and I am the guinea pig for the test flight of the apprenticeship. (please forgive any dumb questions) We have several motorman XRC and NX100 robots for welding applications and we are trying to see if it is at all possible to create a system that will stop the robot and turn on a designated light to indicate when a tip change is required or when the conduit needs changed and so on. If there is any controls training that anybody knows about for this or any companies that might be able to help with this the input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• NX classes are still offered in the US. XRC principles aren’t much different than NX. Material learned in Basic is easily transferable to XRC. An instructor could go over the differences during class.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Absolutely, there are digital I/O functions built-in that would make that incredibly straightforward to achieve - on ours, we integrated a subroutine into the touch sense process that checks for that and automatically feeds wire before checking again and moving ahead.

I have zero electrical experience so I've never hardwired anything but I did the accelerated training in Mississauga and they had a lightbox wired to the controller that used basic I/O so if you know how to not get zapped or fry things with wires you should be good.

Advertising from our partners