VKRC1 auto missing key-file

• Hi, i am totally new to kuka robots, i found a cheap working vkrc1 and got it, i managed to make it work but it will only excecute each command separately.

i try to login as "expert" but it shows a message of a keyfille missing. (might be an entire different issue, so sorry if i am that much of a noob:frowning_face:)

i have found this

https://wiki.hackerspace.pl/projects:kuka

but after i pressed shift i got into dos which i have no idea how to work on (i know cmd but i got to find dos is a different beast) so if anyone can provide me with steps on how to do that (if it even fixes anything) i will greatly apreciate it.

Also i have seen that some people can "convert" their vkrc1 to krcp1 but how do i find the krcp software?

thanks in advance

• massula

Approved the thread.
  • ok i have some news, i know it wasnt a day, but i had a busy week.

There is no keyfile on my D drive, neither in C or anywhere for that matter so now what?

• "ok i have some news"

why do you mention this? what news?

"it wasnt a day, but i had a busy week."

why do you mention this?

"There is no keyfile on my D drive, neither in C or anywhere for that matter"

it was already stated that key file is supposed to be on a removable media (floppy or CD). there was a slim chance someone would leave it on the hdd... that would be same as leaving key in the front door lock. keys are supposed to be portable and kept in secure place.

"so now what?"

please read pinned topic READ FIRST. when asking for help be specific. what is the problem exactly?

did you contact seller or manufacturer? did you search this forum?

"some people can "convert" their vkrc1"

sure they can... are you suggesting you want to do the same? if so what is the controller version, KSS/VSS version of your system?

"and i am still on the problem with the DOS instead of windows95 booting"

is this still the issue or is resolved (if you meant this to be the "news").

booting into Windows and starting Kuka HMI should not be happening regardless if you have the keyCD or not.

does your controller have CD drive? is it working?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• booting into dos is resolved, i was pressing shift too early, and yes those are the news

""it wasnt a day, but i had a busy week."

why do you mention this?"

kind of useless info yes, but i felt like letting people know anyway

""some people can "convert" their vkrc1"

sure they can... are you suggesting you want to do the same? if so what is the controller version, KSS/VSS version of your system?"

uhm if it is to help me yeah i would look into that too, although if i could just get into expert mode that would be fine.

i will check the KSS/VSS version asap, i dont know this right now, as i said i am a noob

""so now what?"

please read pinned topic READ FIRST. when asking for help be specific. what is the problem exactly?

did you contact seller or manufacturer? did you search this forum?"

i contacted the seller but from what i understood he is not too much into how these things work, i will contact kuka although given those weren't built for any other use other than VW plants i have my doubts that they could help. Basicaly if anyone has keyfiles that they could share it would help me a ton but i don't know if it goes against any copyrights so i am not sure if can actualy ask for such a thing. (though i have bought the machine and like what could i use these for except for just that? but i know laws can be weird at times) other than that it might be serial number specific keys, so that maybe wouldn't even help, maybe someone could know of a way to generate such keys or whatever.

""There is no keyfile on my D drive, neither in C or anywhere for that matter"

it was already stated that key file is supposed to be on a removable media (floppy or CD). there was a slim chance someone would leave it on the hdd... that would be same as leaving key in the front door lock. keys are supposed to be portable and kept in secure place."

makes sense, however didn't recieve such a cd/floppy, so i had hopes

• why don't you read replies?

did you even try searching forum?

there is a magnifier icon at the top right.

and if you enter somehhing like VKRC1 key, you get hits like this one:

Re: VKRC1 to KRC1 conversion

yes it takes some effort. making CD should be not a problem if you have a CD burner and some blank CDs (not DVDs).

dump the key file(s) on a "data" CD and you should be all set.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Last year someone e-mailed me about it, asking me if I had a VKRC1 CD. I didn't have it, but I wrote to him on a computer that he had a KRC1 CD. It would be great to change the contents. Then he took care of his problem and thanked me. I don't know, is that the same thing they say about this?

Advertising from our partners