Kawasaki RS010LA stuck at logo

• Hello friends. First of all - sorry for my english.

I am not familiar with robots. We have a Kawasaki robot, model RS010LA and today it stuck in Kawasaki logo. Errors what i've got:

e20 login: /rundaemon.sh: line 12: ./rnp: No such file or directory

./rundaemon.sh: line 15: ./plcsL No such file or directory

Tried to run fsck.ext2 and errors disappeared, but now I see only Kawasaki logo as in picture (captured it from VirtualBox, where I ran image of internal memory). Tried to login with dbg/dbg, but I don know what to do. errlog.el:

Read that D0001 code is caused by defective AS or servo software/hardware etc.

Additional info:

• Welcome to the forum...………:beerchug:

Tried to run fsck.ext2 and errors disappeared, but now I see only Kawasaki logo as in picture (captured it from VirtualBox, where I ran image of internal memory). Tried to login with dbg/dbg, but I don know what to do. errlog.el:

Don't know why you're bothering with all of that, doesn't mention anything like that in the troubleshooting manual, plus you could of introduced further problems.

CPU has crashed and the bootup sequence appears not to be executing/completing.

So either the CPU board is goosed or the data on the CF card is corrupt, unreadable.

So, if you have a backup, carry out an initialization procedure and reload the backup in (see attached).

If this isn't possible, then a new CPU board or CF card maybe required.

• I have seen this recommendation in other topic but I don't have a backup. Therefore I tried to fix CF (if it was corrupted) but it didn't work. Also I didn't know what is "AUX 0202" etc but have seen that when tried to connect from PC via some sort of terminal. Will try to find some information about robot, may be backup or something.

• Therefore I tried to fix CF (if it was corrupted) but it didn't work.

I wish ALL users with ANY equipment, to read OEM manuals before assuming they already know alternative ways of recovery, problems can be amplified by not following OEM procedures.

This could also invalidate possible warranty or/and make it very difficult to troubleshoot.

Reading a manual, and following instructions by OEM can save a lot of time and effort.

Rule No.1 my friend...……..Backup, Backup, Backup....Never any excuse for not having at least one.

Three options for backing up.

1. AUX 0201 Save all data to external USB memory, or built in CF Card (recommendation is always USB).

2. KRTerm, KCWin - Save all data to PC.

3. CF image using Aux 0894 - save CF image to external USB memory.

If you don't have a backup, then you have limited options:

1. Check CPU board is fitted correctly - bent pins etc.

2. Check on CPU board if CF card is mounted correctly, bent pins etc.

3. Check (depends on version) for RAM Module not loose and secure.

4. Obtain another CPU board and insert current CF card - Just power it up, if CF is good you will be back operational - Then backup.

5. Obtain CF card from Kawasaki Distributor with preloaded OS and firmware and insert and power up, then rebuild configuration by hand entering.

6. If you can connect to PC using KRTerm (RS232) and access command prompt, possibly try and obtain backup by using SAVE command.

- Then try reinitialization procedure.

7.If you have no backup or any replacement to hand, only thing is to re-initialize.

- You will lose all you data, and will have to hand enter new configuration data from data sheets supplied with Robot.

- If after re-initialization, still stuck on logo then...……..CPU or CF requires replacing.

• Absolutely agree. They made me do it... No oem instructions, no backups, nothing. And I see the robot for the first time. There is only one man that can operate this robot and he didn't know the words like "maintenance", "backup" etc.

Trying to locate dipswitch bank on the 1VA board.

• Attached shows the location.

These can be accessed without removing the board.

Switch No.8 to on for reinitialization, if it works, you have a lot of configuring, zeroing and re-programming ahead.

• Did your backup not complete/hang during the 'transformation' save?

- A successful file save should display 'File Save Completed'.

You won't achieve motor power whilst the system is showing E-Stop Condition.

- Clear this and try again.

• Good man.

A backup of sorts at least puts you in a better position than having to re-configure/re-program from empty.

The bonus, is it appears you just had some data corruption on the CF now it's booting, so a 'bullet dodged' I think.

Check both E-Stops are released and also connector X7 on 1TR board should be either external E-stop wired in, or possibly is missing jumpers.

Check out External IO Manual to configure the safety circuits - this manual is part of the standard set you should receive with the robot.

(I've attached it anyway - check specifically Appendix 7.2 for the default jumper configuration as supplied for X7, X8 and X9).

• Everything seems fine. But when I have tried to move the arm - i get error. Something like "cannot move along straight line JT04 in this configuration". Then I tried to zeroing, switched to "joint mode", move arm to vertical position. All data looks almost like in photo, except JT04 was much smaller. Fixed that, tried AUX 503 also. But after that I get E6007 error - Wrist can't be straightened any more (Singular point 1). Some axis works fine, some - throwing similar errors.

• The zeroing data on the sheets are values set at point of manufacture.

If any motor, encoder, gearbox or any other mechanical overhaul has been carried out since, it is possible those values will not be relevant anymore.

Those values should only be used when you know no mechanical overhaul operation has been carried out.

Zeroing procedure should always be:

Aux 050103, followed by Aux 050101 in that order.

Singularity errors are attributed to when you use a linear interpolation mode/command (Base, Tool) and cause the wrist JT5 to be in alignment with JT4.

Using joint mode does not create singularity errors.

When zero'd you should check each joints software limits using joint mode to confirm the working envelope for each joint.

Again, you should not receive any singularity errors in joint mode.

• I tried everything, still getting E6007 errors. In joint mode no errors. Tried to set up working area, base coords etc according to operation manual, but no luck. In joint mode everything works, in other modes - E6007 (tried to run program "in the air" for testing purposes - E6007 too, when arm trying to move).

• Sounds correct...….But remember, we cannot see what you're doing...……..

Singularity errors are attributed to when you use a linear interpolation mode/command (Base, Tool) and cause the wrist JT5 to be in alignment with JT4.

Using joint mode does not create singularity errors.

What are the postures you are trying to move to - angles of JT4, JT5 and JT6 and how - JMOVE, LMOVE.

Show a picture of the position you are trying to achieve.

Show an example of your code.

• As I mentioned, your have JT5 (Wrist in alignment) - This is called singularity.

From this position, you cannot perform any linear moves.

Rotate JT5 approx. -5 deg in joint mode, then try again, it will move then.

When zeroing , ALL joints must be aligned to scribe lines - These are mechanical zero.

Advertising from our partners