Group entrance - coordinates

• Hi

R[1]=GI[1] The value of your PLC is read by the GI and then you load the GI into a R

PR[1,3]=R[1] The value of your R now is transferred to the value of the Z on the PR.

There are many ways you can introduce that register in the point, Yo can do offset or whatever.

I'm just giving you an idea

Retired but still helping

• thank. a good idea

• First of all, you have to tell us which protocol you use to communicate with the PLC. If using EIP you can use explicit messaging to send the coordinates directly to the robot's PRs. This is what I am using. GROUP input/output will be very troublesome to setup for coordinates.

• First of all, you have to tell us which protocol you use to communicate with the PLC. If using EIP you can use explicit messaging to send the coordinates directly to the robot's PRs. This is what I am using. GROUP input/output will be very troublesome to setup for coordinates.

I will use EIP. The connection has already been implemented and now it turned out to carry out the plan.

Edited once, last by Stest69 ().

• encoders have nothing to do with what you want to accomplish. What I am talking about is this:

1.You already have a robot and a PLC connected to each other (or not?). How is this connection implemented ? is it Ethernet IP connection? is it modbus TCP? is it profinet ? is it profibus ?

FANUC robots have a large list of supported industrial communication protocols but -I believe- none of them comes standard. First you decide which PLC brand and model you want to use and then depending the protocol supported by your PLC, you order the additional software and hardware package to your robot.

• encoders have nothing to do with what you want to accomplish. What I am talking about is this:

1.You already have a robot and a PLC connected to each other (or not?). How is this connection implemented ? is it Ethernet IP connection? is it modbus TCP? is it profinet ? is it profibus ?

FANUC robots have a large list of supported industrial communication protocols but -I believe- none of them comes standard. First you decide which PLC brand and model you want to use and then depending the protocol supported by your PLC, you order the additional software and hardware package to your robot.

Sorry, really my post has nothing to do with this. Wrote the wrong topic ...

• Then my suggestion is to use CIP messages (explicit messaging) to send coordinates directly to the PRs of the robot. EIP manual has all the info you need to implement that.

I solved my problem using PR [i,j] and group registers

Advertising from our partners