KRC does not start

• Hello everyone! I'm having problems with the KRC start version 8.3.39. I wanted to start a clean robot, no WoV project activated and no user programs, no nothing. For that I connected a monitor, M and K on the KPC and turned the robot on pressing F8 to enter safe mode, so it does not load anything. Went to C:, KRC, and renamed it to "old KRC". Then I reintalled the KSS back. And when I restart the robot, the following message appers : "Unable to stablish connection to the KRC. Robot Control not possible." as in the photo. Do you guys have any suggestions that could help me? What I did wrong? Thanks!

• Well, you essentially lobotomized the robot. Undo what did, and don't do that again. If that doesn't work, do a full-drive restore using the backup you made with the KSR stick. You did make one before you started tinkering with the robot, right?

You can't start a KRC4 with no WV project at all -- at minimum, it has to be running the base project that came with the robot.

• why do you need HMI? when using recovery stick, robot does not boot from HDD (which may be corrupt). it boots from KUKA Recovery stick itself. This way no files on HDD are open or locked and tool on stick can create/restore image of the HDD without issues. in fact, since KSS is not running, HMI will not run and there will be error message on smartPad because - it cannot connect to KSS.

if you have monitor keyboad and mouse connected to controller, you can use GUI mode of the recovery stick.

most of the time this is not the case so Silent mode is used. this means stick need to be configuired before use.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners