Communication without modules

• Hello.

I’m just starting to work with the funuk technique.

I am interested in whether I can transfer the coordinates to the robot (write to registers) Ethernet/IP without additional modules, or do I need Karel anyway?

Thank.

• For EthernetIP you just need to purchase the EthernetIP adapter option.

This option is already installed because Kowa camera is connected in EthernetIP. I want to connect another camera, support said that I need to use Ethernet/IP. Let's say I’ll configure it, but how do I transmit the coordinates? I understand that you can’t do without a Karel or socket?

• Kowa cameras don't use Ethernetip. They use irvision software and are plug and play with the controller.

I wrote a little wrong. Yes, this camera is not connected to these connectors, but they are turned on by default in my case.

• Here is another point: I know that the camera transmits data continuously and I know the length of the message. According to the idea, I need to get the same length and read the coordinates depending on their displacement. Then you will need to write them to group outputs and process them in a program, right?

• IrVision is installed and it works fine. But as I wrote before, I'm interested in transferring coordinates from other cameras or a program on a computer.

• Well it depends on what type of comm protocol your other camera will support.

You first need to find that out. Do you have a camera selected?

If you are using a PC then you would need to select a communication protocol then write code or purchase a driver for that protocol.

Once that is done then you would send the coordinates to registers on the robot.

Ethernetip and socket are two separate protocols. You would not use both, just one or the other. Socket requires Karel. Ethernetip does not require karel.

• You first need to find that out. Do you have a camera selected?

I haven’t chosen yet but got interested in the camera O2D22X. She can communicate on TCP and Ethernet/ip.

Ethernetip and socket are two separate protocols. You would not use both, just one or the other. Socket requires Karel. Ethernetip does not require karel.

I also know about this feature, therefore I wanted to use what is already available - Ethernetip

• If it does support EthernetIP then you would need an EthernetIP scanner as the master. Either the robot would need the scanner option or a third party PLC.

You can check if the robot is a scanner by going to the EthernetIp menu and seeing if will allow you to set the type to scanner. If it only has adapter then it will not work without buying that option or using a PLC.

In my experience, if the camera only supports string output you would be better off using a PLC to parse the string before sending it to the robot.

• In my experience, if the camera only supports string output you would be better off using a PLC to parse the string before sending it to the robot.

The description for the camera says that communication can be either strings or bytes. That is, the maximum packet length is 450 bytes and all the information is there, you only need to know the offset and length. Is it possible to somehow "filter out" the necessary data knowing the offset and write to the register?

• You would need to discuss that with the camera manufacturer to see what documentation they have for ethernetIP. I have seen it done both ways with other devices, but I have no experience with this device.

• You would need to discuss that with the camera manufacturer to see what documentation they have for ethernetIP. I have seen it done both ways with other devices, but I have no experience with this device.

I have information from the manual for the device. Could you tell me how to configure group entry / exit, what are the rules there?

• The terms Group entry and exit mean nothing to me.

EthernetIP has terms like class, attribute, instance, service code. Those are documented in Fanucs EthernetIP manual.

You'll have to read the manuals or discuss with the manufacturer.

• The terms Group entry and exit mean nothing to me.

EthernetIP has terms like class, attribute, instance, service code. Those are documented in Fanucs EthernetIP manual.

You'll have to read the manuals or discuss with the manufacturer.

thanks for the info

Advertising from our partners