Export DTM's from WoV (6.0) possible?

• Hello Dear Forum,

my situation is as follows: Our measurement software offers to be used as Profinet Device as well as in an EthernetIP configuration.

The GSDML for PN was created while I was already in the company, therefore I have this file.
    However, the last time we commissioned EthernetIP was before my time at the company and the person who did it has left.

The only remnant is our device in the DTM-Catalogue of our test-robot.

So my question is: can I export this file and send it to the customer somehow?

In addition I have a followup question: Is it even neccessary? The last time I mendled with EthernetIP was on ABB and that robot didn't need anything resembling such a file. I also can't find the option to import a device description for EthernetIP in WoV, so I have a slight doubt that Ethernet even uses Devicedescription files.

As I said, my main experience lays with PN therefore I'm hoping one of you could shed a little light on my situation.

Best Regards
    NXS.WEB

• not sure if there is a direct way to export it but you can create dummy WoV project that uses that DTM and you can export if from the project.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• about additional question, answer is - maybe. simple devices can use generic EDS which maps signals as fixed data blocks and only block size differts. but modular etc devices can have more complex EDS structure and definitions so for those you may need to use correct file.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Just adding an information.

You can also export most of DTMs (ProfiNet GSDML, EthernetIP EDS, EtherCAT XML, Interbus FCDML) right clicking on the respective module, clicking again in Functions, and after Export EDS (or Export Device Description, depending on the bus type).

Advertising from our partners