Alarm 2340 Servopack failure - MRC II

• Hello,

Robot SK6 with MRC II controller, manufacturing date 11-1998.

Occurs alarm 2340 Servopack failure.

In same controller there is additional servopack and servo drive for 7th axis. Servopack for two 3-axes servodrivers is same as servopack for additional axis. Hence, I disconnected servopack for additional and place it to robot axes, but failure persists.

Is it any advice whats the catch and how to resolve the issue?

I checked motherboard but no visual defects on it.

• The problem can be in the converter (JUSP-ACP??)

Normally the servo pack for S/L/U is larger than the one for R/B/T. I've never seen a MRCII with an external axis. If only one axis is used in a tri-pack, the other two need to be turned off or you get alarms.

Robodoc

• Hello,

There is one Servo pack, actually converter, connected on 2 servo drives (larger for S/L/U and smaller for R/B/T) and additional converter connected on 1 servo drive. Cables, power and signal, from additional servo drive are cutted; external motor and encoder ain't connected. I don't need external axis at all.

Herewith, once I replace converter from additional to regular drives, if converter works well, I shouldn't have alarm anymore, but alarm persists. In bios setup I've disconnected external axes. Before I order new converter, is it possible to check or set something else?

Advertising from our partners