FDAT tool no change

• SLIN P1 Vel=2 m/s CPDAT1 Tool[1]:Toolo Base[0]

Here point p1 is taught with Tool no 1 and base no 0.

Inside folds we have fdata (frame data) , for the above point p1 fdat looks like this

DECL FDAT P1={TOOL_NO 1,BASE_NO 0 ,IPO_FRAME #BASE,POINT2[] " ",TQ_STATE FALSE}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I change tool by fdata, what happens? Does it brings tool mismatch error or does it moves to new tool point p1

• modifying inline form instructions (ILF) requires care because HMI makes changes in more than one place.

if you are learning how to manipulate ILF instructions by text editor, make change using HMI and compare before/after in BOTH files (SRC and DAT).

if you want to find out what happens if you make particular change (in certain places only), try to run it and see how it behaves,

but keep in mind that you may be putting yourself and others in harms way. so always test changes in T1.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• If you change the value in fdat, there will be no error, robot moves with changed tool.

If you change the movement in HMI afterwards, you have to pay attention. The HMI uses different entries in the fold, and if you change only the speed in the online statement, HMI will change back the tool to the older value 😮. Crash can happen.

• modifying inline form instructions (ILF) requires care because HMI makes changes in more than one place. --> loacl variables(local program position variables) are ment only for local programms I hope. You mean if position name is no where used except in the local progam still it changes the config of tool for other points :exclamation_mark::exclamation_mark:

if you are learning how to manipulate ILF instructions by text editor, make change using HMI and compare before/after in BOTH files (SRC and DAT).--

if you want to find out what happens if you make particular change (in certain places only), try to run it and see how it behaves,

but keep in mind that you may be putting yourself and others in harms way. so always test changes in T1.--> For sure Not, no one will do like that atleast myself. I asked clearly (If I change tool by fdata, what happens? Does it brings tool mismatch error or does it moves to new tool point p1)

• If you change the value in fdat, there will be no error, robot moves with changed tool.

If you change the movement in HMI afterwards, you have to pay attention. The HMI uses different entries in the fold, and if you change only the speed in the online statement, HMI will change back the tool to the older value 😮. Crash can happen.

Thanks for your info :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

• "loacl variables(local program position variables) are ment only for local programms I hope. You mean if position name is no where used except in the local progam still it changes the config of tool for other points :exclamation_mark::exclamation_mark:"

no, when you insert ILF instruction into a program, KSS makes changes to both SRC and DAT file.

point name, used tool etc are used more than once (more like three places each for single ILF).

making manual change to just ONE of those places is asking for trouble... and can be dangerous.

"Does it brings tool mismatch error or does it moves to new tool point p1)"

if you want to find out, try it yourself. you did not even state the system detail.

even if you did, i do not want to be the one telling you what your system will do if you screw around with ILF.

this is EXACTLY why some things are password protected.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners