modify point with Offline system

• I'm a sw developer recently I'm starting to work on a new project, I'm using for the project Officelite KS 8.5.385.

The robot has to finish a piece that arrives from robotic cells, these pieces don't arrive in the correct position, a system of cameras with a external SW establishes the actual position of the piece and a Offline system recalculates the correct trajectory.

How can I send a series of points to the controller that's in EXT ? without having to download the program again.

The offline system can modify add or remove points from the original paths

• yes, i Can use EthernetKRL or OPC for the comunication.

change the coordinates of a point is my problem

I'm testing with officelite to modify a point by opening the .dat file C:\KRC\ROBOTER\KRC\R1\Program

if I change the coordinates of the point and save the file, the robot reaches the previously saved point(1), not the modified point(2)

1:

DECL E6POS Xp1={X 1382.27820,Y 1520.95349,Z 1848.50830,A -13.8077745,B 84.0260620,C -63.7030296,S 2,T 35,E1 0.0,E2 0.0,E3 0.0,E4 0.0,E5 0.0,E6 0.0}

2:

DECL E6POS Xp1={X 1482.27820,Y 1520.95349,Z 1848.50830,A -13.8077745,B 84.0260620,C -63.7030296,S 2,T 35,E1 0.0,E2 0.0,E3 0.0,E4 0.0,E5 0.0,E6 0.0}

• of course.... that folder is just a backup on the HDD. current files are on RAM drive and they are obviously not affected.

effects would be visible after reboot or manual import of a program using HMI or import using DirectoryLoader.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• btw that is a special place as KSS is actively updating files in there. you should not touch those files due risk of corruption.

RAM drive is even more special - it is priprietary and so far there is no open way to get to it hence need for DirectoryLoader

this is why data exchange with KSS is not file based, it uses communication through some sort of network/fieldbus.

KSS8.x can also read/write files such as CSV thogh there are limitations. but this is neither fast nor flexible. check READ FIRST

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yes, I saw the DirectoryLoader package, i just downloaded the manual,

can I load a new program from the offline system with this package ?

thanks I'll start reading the manual

• DirLoader isn't what you want, I don't think. That's mostly for pulling very large offline-generated programs into the robot, or memory-swapping to get around the KRC4's (frankly ridiculous) small memory capacity.

You need an actual communications method between the robot and the camera system. Which one depends on what options your robot has, and what your camera system supports. Almost all Cognex machine vision systems, for example, can communicate using ProfiNet or EthernetIP. If your vision system is PC-based, and supports simple communication by strings over TCP/IP, then the EthernetKRLXML (EKI) option option for the robot will make that available. OPC-UA (a subset of the "full" OPC) is possible, but would require adding that option to the robot, and that your vision system support OPA-UA.

As Panic mentioned, there is a method to access text files from KSS 8.x, but this would have a timing issue -- how would you be able to confirm that the file the robot is pulling data from is the one most recently written by the vision system? This is why you need some sort of bidirectional communication with handshaking.

You could try KUKAVARPROXY (look in the forum archives), but it's not a supported product, so might not be robust enough for production.

Also as Panic mentioned, accessing the program files on the hard drive directly is a bad idea. The way KRCs work, is that they load all the operating files from the hard drive during boot, into a RAM drive in the robot's memory. Then, the robot runs from that RAM drive. The files on the hard drive are only updated periodically or on certain events, and the RAM drive is not accessible from the outside.

As Panic mentioned, there is a method to access text files from KSS 8.x, but this would have a timing issue -- how would you be able to confirm that the file the robot is pulling data from is the one most recently written by the vision system? This is why you need some sort of bidirectional communication with handshaking.

This is the way we do it in many systems without any issue.

But parallel we use profinet for synchronization.

• ok Thanks.

the project is still under development so I have all the possibilities to develop it in the best way,

what do you advise me to use?

• ok Thanks.

the project is still under development so I have all the possibilities to develop it in the best way,

what do you advise me to use?

That depends entirely on what you need to send to the robot, and on what communications options you have available. For a vision system, you only need to probably send 6 values (X,Y,Z,A,B,C) to the robot, so doing that over ProfiNet or EIP would be easy -- assuming your vision system can use one of those.

• vision result can be exchanged in many ways, including OPC, EKI, fieldbus..

one rather crude option is to just save result as a text file that robot program can read using CWRITE.

you can delete or remove file after use so that next time file is present indicates availability of result.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners