Kuka safe robot

• Hi, i have a vkr210 and 2 errors that bother me: 444- failure safety output 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 and max cartesian. Does anyone know how to disable the safe robot functions in krc2?

• You need to login as a Safety User passwort kuka, then go to the Inbetribe > sicher bedenung > konfiguration (4,6,0 on the keyboard shorcut), then globale einstellung set up as true, close and confirme changes.

• You need to login as a Safety User passwort kuka, then go to the Inbetribe > sicher bedenung > konfiguration (4,6,0 on the keyboard shorcut), then globale einstellung set up as true, close and confirme changes.

Hello, I have the similar issue. I can jog the robot in T1 but can not disable the safe robot operation in global settings -SafeRobot disable- "true". It simply does not allow me to toggle the false to true. Any Idea why?

• Hello, I have the similar issue. I can jog the robot in T1 but can not disable the safe robot operation in global settings -SafeRobot disable- "true". It simply does not allow me to toggle the false to true. Any Idea why?

What version KSS? What version SafeOp? Did you log in correctly, as shown in the post you quoted?

• What version KSS? What version SafeOp? Did you log in correctly, as shown in the post you quoted?

Hello, no matter how I log in (user, expert, safety recovery, programmer, admin usong password "kuka") I manage to go into submenu for safery operation, bit I cant toggle the safeRobot disable function to true. Not sure how to check the version of safe operation software. I can tell you the following:

Robot Serial Number 904684

Robot Model: KR210-L180 - 2 2000 "Safe robot"

Controller cabinet Serial Number 44945

Controller cabinet model: KRC2 ed05

Software version: KRC 5.16.12

• selecting user level and blindly typing password may not work. are you sure login is successful? perhaps passwords were changed (which is recommended practice for safe robots).

and as mentioned before, user level must be "Safety ....". Expert and Admin are not safety accounts.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Login was succesfull for sure it is written in notification window each time that user group was changed. Either way I would not be able to enter "setup" of "safety robot" and enter submenu "global settings" of safe operation if not loged in as a correct user. I have tried to be logged in as a safety recovery user so as expert or administrator and each time I was able to enter the correct setup bit no way to toggle the "SafeRobot disable" to TRUE , it says false all the time, and if i try to toggle it simply it stays false, I have tried using both KCP device and regular PC mouse connected in KRC2 cabinet, and still nothing...safety wiiring is all good as now I am able to jog the robot in T1.

• If you are logged in as safety recovers user, is it possible to change the other parameters like safety zones or safe tools?

Is no program active when you try to change parameter?

There must exist two user groups starting with 'safety' you must use the higher one.

• Logged in as a safety recovery I was able to enter setup-safe operation- configuration...but was not able to change (i can click kn it but with no response) any safety paramater. I have not seen any other safety user group other then safety recovery. I will try to scroll in user groups somehow as I only noticed above mentioned.

• Seems to be a used robot, not reseted to delevery state.

There is installed option EKS, means that you can login over digital inputs coming from an external PLC that has connected an Euchner EKS key system. Think this is the reason for the missing 'safety maintenance' operator.

Don't know if it helps to deinstall EKS option, before you try that, make an image of the Harddisk.

• I can't believe this robot is creating such a headache to me... my first timer starting KRC2 robot by my self and it is a mess. Looks like this robot had whole bunch of stuff connected in periphery (additional axis, safety PLC, conveyor, EKS....) any chance to just return robot to original state as it came from Kuka? How hard can it be? Any advices how to do it in simplest manner?

• the simplest is to contact KUKA, get the tech onsite and let him worry about it.

modifying system can be daunting. what is your KUKA experience so far?

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• My Experience with KUKA is three months of reading Kuka documentation. I live in Republic of Serbia with no experts in range of 500 kilometers. I have a years of experience in industrial automation and I'm triing to learn and figure out to become good at commisioning the industrial robots. During the studies as a mechatronics engineer I have commisioned ABB robot but it was brand new out of the box. I'm not affraid to tackle any task since I'm 27 years old and have installed and programmed automation lines with PLC etc...it is just a matter of making one robot to work and then programm it over DK robot, I will connect the gripper aftereards and make it work in external mode. My commitment to learn is enormus and with your helo, I have already learned a lot about kuka safe robots

• that means next to no KUKA experience and no local support, so .... you are in a serious disadvantage and need to be careful with your choices. this is more involved than a setup of a PLC (PLCs are more or less bullet proof as only limited configuration options exist, this is not a PLC and many things can go wrong...).

i strongly suggest o make every possible backup (archive, HDD image) before touching anything.

next step is to locate all installation files (Win, KSS, tech options) and documentation for your robot system (schematics, optional interfaces, tech options, etc.) make sure to have spare bootable media. Keyboard and mouse that work with your system (and let you access BIOS).

also make sure you are familiar with handling ESD.

then you can think of making changes...

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners