Kuka safe robot

• Thank you for the advices and support given. I really appreciate it :smiling_face: I have applied to attend KUKA robot courses next month in Bosnia at some regional german robotics center, but unffortunately those courses are not covering receiving used kRC2 controller robot from Daimler and commision of such, but brand new out of the box KRC4 with predefined lessons, they cost like hell but I want to have certificate and learn the programming of paths out of CAD models...the hardware part of KRC2 I'm on my own. Luckily I have more then 10 years of experience in development of PCB's and industrial automation since I grew up in electronic service with my father. Electronics is my first love, ESD i'm very familliar not getting close to PCB's without grounded bracelet.

• Update:

After discussion with kuka support over e-mails, they proposed cold boot but it still does not work. I have realized that I'm missing safety maintenance user group and no other will let me to disable the safeRobot operation. Any idea how to enable safety maintenance user group to be seen in configure-user group-logon?

• All right, thanks a lot, I think windows XP embedded is not to hard to find in the end if any formating done. First I want to clone the hard disk to have backup, then I can touch and deinstall or reinstall the software packages if able to find on D partition.... This robot issue has just turned into clean windows operation and its bugs, I just want to drive robot in T2 and it is imposible due to safety parameters I cant change....Daimler and reseller of robot who left the controller in production line used state, for sure made my task really complicated...

• Yes i know, usually this robots are just turned off and unplugged and left in that state as they were and sold like that... but i guess the price is also lower when buying a used robot like that...

• To be honest, system was action buyed for price of 5k euros for robot kr210-l180-2(2006),controller krc2ed05 and power and one data cable, but since it was safe robot (buyer had no clue what os safe robot) second data cable was missing so as Kuka CD with software system. I have made my self additional data cable and lost a lot of man hours investigating and learning about safe op to even start drives of robot as you supported.

Do you have any advice how to completely copy my present hard disk so I can plug in a copy and modifiy it and to save the original Kuka hard disk in drawer if something goes wrong?

All right, thanks a lot, I think windows XP embedded is not to hard to find in the end if any formating done.

You are aware that Xp embedded is not a out of the shelf version but specially modified by kuka prepared to run a dual os system with xp and VxWorks.

I would try to talk to KUKA. Usually they can provide the needed software. Even if you bought the machine from someone.

• To be honest, system was action buyed for price of 5k euros for robot kr210-l180-2(2006),controller krc2ed05 and power and one data cable, but since it was safe robot (buyer had no clue what os safe robot) second data cable was missing so as Kuka CD with software system. I have made my self additional data cable and lost a lot of man hours investigating and learning about safe op to even start drives of robot as you supported.

Do you have any advice how to completely copy my present hard disk so I can plug in a copy and modifiy it and to save the original Kuka hard disk in drawer if something goes wrong?

5k € is a good price, usually the resellers sell them around 10k at least, but they are tested, refurbished and also they do clean install... You can take out a hard drive and make an image of drive with any good free software for cloning... Usually WinXp came on CD with controller...

• You are aware that Xp embedded is not a out of the shelf version but specially modified by kuka prepared to run a dual os system with xp and VxWorks.

I would try to talk to KUKA. Usually they can provide the needed software. Even if you bought the machine from someone.

At the end point i do not have intetion to format HDD and lose windows embedded but just to erease not needed additional software packages or eventualy, reinstall some of them, bellow is a list of SW packages added from customer. Unfortunately I did not receive CD with Kuka software, any other way to get it?

• Of course, as mentioned before you can always talk to KUKA. Usually they are eager to help in cases like yours and provide the software. Most of the time even free of charge if they find in their databases the software was already licensed for your robot. Otherwise you are not allowed to install any software anyway may it come from whatever dubious source.

As already mentioned before usually the installers and deinstallers are on drive d, so check there on what you can find.

Fubini

• All right, thanks a lot, I think windows XP embedded is not to hard to find in the end if any formating done.

No -- you need the KUKA-specific modified version of XP, and it needs to be the correct version for your KSS.

Normally, KUKA is pretty reasonable about providing a fresh install media for the OS, since it's already been paid for and licensed. Although I'm not sure how far back they keep the really old versions these days.

• Unfortunately Kuka responded to me not be able to provide me with software or replacement HDD. Kind tech support gave me an advice to backup current HDD and then to try to reinstall the Software packages placed on D:KRC_CD. In the mean time I have been going through the Archive files that I have downloaded to my PC and I have found the config file of SafeRobot:

Archive\24531op0001r01\C\KRC\HMI\PlugIns\SafeRobot\Config and in that folder file name:

KUKASafeRobot.config in side file shows exact menu I have present when entering over HMI into submenu to try to disable SafeRobot operation. Do you guys think if I make changes in this file I will be able to affect the safe operation? I have attached image with circuled in red the rows I think to modify.

• This will definitely not work. You would also have to adapt the signature accordingly. How the safety signature is generated only KUKA knows. This is on purpose like this to prohibit manual editing and changing of safety configuration. Safety needs to be manipulation safe.

Fubini

Advertising from our partners