CONT Parameters in PTP / LIN instructions

• How to set the value of 'CONT' correctly?

For KRC4 system,its value ranges from 0 to 1000.

Incorrect setting will cause track collision?

How appropriate is the general setting?

• set values as you please but always test program in T1 mode. if cautious start with smaller approximation distance and gradually increase it

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• CONT is a tag, not a value -- it controls whether a motion is continuous or not.

The amount of approximation depends on the motion type -- for PTP motions, the value is 0-100, and represents a % of one-half the distance between two motions. For LIN motions, the value is in mm.

It is essentially impossible to set these to an "incorrect" value -- the path planner limits the maximum approximation distance to 1/2 of the distance between two adjoining points. If the programmer sets a value larger than this, the robot will ignore the "extra" and simply use the maximum distance.

The effect of approximation on motion is a different problem, and must be tested. Fortunately, KUKAs are very good about trajectory tracking at all speeds -- if a path does not collide at T1 speeds, it is very unlikely to collide at 100% automatic speed, unless the path is using very high speeds in very tight surroundings.

• No new informations, except the statement from Skyefire that the value for ptp is given in %. This was the fact in older systems, on newer systems you have the choice between the distance in mm and percentage (Skyefire described).

For the first question. You are setting the value correct when the motion is smooth and the robot doesn't crash. Bigger values are better because the cycle time will be lower.

• Ah, yes. I'd forgotten that the new ILFs default to using C_DIS, rather than C_PTP. But even so, the same rules apply, unless there's been another change I've missed: If two points are 100mm apart, setting the approximation radius to 100, 1000, or 1000000 has no effect -- the actual approximation path between them will be limited to 50mm.

Advertising from our partners