recording video with robot

• Camera with in-body stabilization. Lens with stabilization. Camera body mounted on a multi-axis gyroscope. Larger platform. Larger contact area with the floor.

Correcting the video in post production could also be possible, unless the video was meant for a live feed with no post.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• When we start the servo_on, The robot vibrates at the end of the axis.

We performed servo_on testing on two robots, MA1440 and MH180

Vibration on the MH180 is very low

Bolts tight? Everything mechanically tight inside and out? If so, possibly the servo gains are incorrect. Is the controller initialized with the correct dash number robot. SYSTEM INFO, VERSION versus the name plate model of the robot.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• First of all you have to understand how robotic servo systems work. In a Yaskawa robot the servo system is a closed loop. The system tells the amplifier how much power to output, this in turn moves the motor that is attached to an encoder. The encoder feeds the signal back into the system that then checks if the direction and speed are correct and changes any data to make it go faster or slower. If the servo power is on, but the motors are not told to move the axis of the robot "float". Because there is no command to move and the encoder says the motor is in the correct position and the system stops sending commands to the amplifier, however, gravity pulls on the weight of the arm causing it to drop. This in turn moves the encoder that tells the system is is not in the correct position and the system then sends a signal to the amplifier to correct the positions and the whole sequence starts over again. The closer you get to an object the more obvious this "hunting" is. Just like in your video, as the camera gets close to the glass and stops, the system hunts for it's position and you can see the "shake".

Robots are not meant to hold a camera in a 100% stopped position. Robots are meant to move to a spot, go a job and move on. This job could be picking up a part, spot welding, painting.... all of witch don't care about a .5mm wobble, however, a camera is unforgiving and will show every little move, shake or hunt for a position.

Robodoc

Advertising from our partners