I have a Cognex camera setup to take an image of a part and bring back offset values of x, y, and angular rotation.
- TCP was taught with QTOOL ON and with the teach pendant. Tool pointer does track with the pointer used to teach the TCP.
- Robot frame has been taught to the calibration grid that I used in the vision setup. I used the origin of the fiducial on the grid and went out x and y and taught those points to set up my frame. (cam1_frame = frame(cam1_o,cam1_x,cam1_y,cam1_o))
- Created a master pick position and referenced the robot frame. (cam1_frame+master_pick)
- Created a final pick instruction. (point final_pick = cam1_frame+master_pick+trans(x,y,0,a,0,0)
- I execute the shift. (do lmove final_pick)
Everything works pretty well when shifting in either the x direction, y direction, or both the x and y direction. However, when I try to do an angular shift, it does not shift correctly. My pick position will shift in the correction direction but if I tell the robot to shift 1 degree, it seams like shifts further then 1 degree.
So I feel confident that my vision system is set up properly, what are some things that I can check/verify on the robot side of things to see why my x/y shifting is ok and why my angular shift is not?
Please let me know if any more info is needed.