Passing coord from UF to PR

• Hi

All the robots are 3 month old , SR-3iA

I have two scara robots that when I do PR[5]=UF[2] and I look at the position the number don't match and the coord are changed

Something like , on the user I have 192.354 -89.25 36.1 0 0 89.7,

the result on the PR is something like -0.007 0.001 0.4 0 0 .004 and on top of that the coords are shown NX, NY, etc instead of X,Y.....

I tried clearing the PR, that works, i get X,Y.... and zeroes but then changes when i load the user

I have another two scaras, different cells (brand new), I did the copy and works fine

Why works on two robots and does not on the other ?

Retired but still helping

• I am guessing this variable is set in the ones that work. I have found that the newer robots don't like it set permanently.

$PR_CARTREP =1 will make the PR be copied in Cartesian.

So i just do it in my program

$PR_CARTREP = 1

PR[5] = UF[2]

$PR_CARTREP=0

• Hi Fabian,

In fact a posreg can be one of three "Position-Types":

- JOINTPOS

- XYZWPR

- POSITION

when executing PR[5]=UF[2]

the PR[5] type will be POSITION because the UF[2]-type is position.

In most cases you can ignore that:

PR[5]=UF[2]

UF[2]= PR[5]

will work!

BUT

PR[5,1] is not the X-Value! in this case X is PR[5,7]

--------------

best regards

PnsStarter

• To expand on this, what you were seeing was the transform matrix representation of the point, which I prefer, as it is unambiguous.

Transform matrix:

NXOXAXLX
    NYOYAYLY
    NZOZAZLZ

The N, O, and A columns represent vectors describing the axis of the new frame in the X, Y, and Z coordinates in previous frame (world), and the L column represents the distance to the origin in the previous frame.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• To expand on this, what you were seeing was the transform matrix representation of the point, which I prefer, as it is unambiguous.

Transform matrix:

NXOXAXLX
    NYOYAYLY
    NZOZAZLZ

The N, O, and A columns represent vectors describing the axis of the new frame in the X, Y, and Z coordinates in previous frame (world), and the L column represents the distance to the origin in the previous frame.

Does the 4th column have something to do with conf then? Matrix representation has always been something I've struggled to wrap my head around but your description here is the first time its made some sense.

• For years I set that variable in new robot set up, then started seeing issues. I don't remember the errors but i just started using it in the code (on, do the work, then off).

Sorry i don't have a better answer.....

Advertising from our partners