KRC4 Electrical Scheme

• Hi guys,

I am doing an scheme of a project with a KRC4 Robot. I need to know how Beckhoff Input/Outputs are wired on the controller.

Need to read the original KRC4 scheme to know the name's of few elements but I am teleworking and I dont have the original one.

After times looking for it unsuccefully, can anyone help me? I need the name of 24..30V Power supply Unit and where are plugged the wires A20-24V and A20-0V from Beckhoff Unit.

If anyone have the pdf scheme, would be nice.

Thanks for all.

• i am not sure what info you are looking for... what type of KRC4? wiring of Beckoff devices can be derived from datasheets on Beckhoff website.

as for KRC4, not all versions have I/O wired.

for example KRC4 standard contoller only brings power to EK1100 buscoupler, user has to wire the rest, including power to IO:

KRC4 compact has everything fully wired from the factory. User only needs to make external connections (X55 / X12).

I/O power is normally comming from X302. If X302 is taken, just use next available connector. Power is simply daisy chained:

A1.X302 (CCU - if your controller does not have X11)

A3.X251 (SION-SIB-STD - if your KRC4 has X11 but not X13)

A5.X261 (SION-SIB-EXT - if your KRC4 has both X11 and X13)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello,

I am attempting to power my Beckhoff, IO 24V the same way. I have a KRC4 with a KR50 R2500, I have both X11 and X13 interfaces. All the connections panic mode outline are taken X251 and x261is there another place I can get 24V to power the contacts of my Beckhoff EK1100?

Thanks,

• your post is very non-specific, preventing any constructive feedback.

please read pinned topic READ FIRST and show something to look at - what is that you have, how are things presently connected, etc.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• probably you have the same deal as already explained and you just do not understand what can be done.

so (unless your controller was modified), EK1100 that is in the controller will only have two wires like in first image in post #2.

The simplest solution is to use the same two wires to power both EK1100 and the IO - just like it was already shown in schematics for KRC4 compact (also shared in post #2).

This means one need to use insertion tool to relocate those two wires and pair of jumpers like this:

3) read 1 and 2

• panic mode, thank you for the advice. I will be more thorough in the future. You are correct, I did not think to jumper the two together.

One more question if I jumper the 24V and 0V connectors together, there is not an additional terminal to get a 0V / common from on the EK1100 to connect the "low side" of the digital outputs to. How is this typically done?

• From the Beckhoff website:

The lower power connections are passed downstream from the bus coupler to the I/O "slices" through the "power contacts" -- little copper "blades" that engage copper slots in the next module "downstream".

There are modules that break that "daisy chain" of power, usually Power modules that are intended to let you use a mix of (for example) 24VDC and 120VAC outputs.

Advertising from our partners