RESOLVER ERROR 38209

• Hi everyone, I am new here, A 4400 robot at our plant alarm with "38209 resolver error fault"(rob1_1) , axis 1 lose the zero point(other axis are fine),then i re-calibrate axis zero position, it works fine and after this it stops again, alarm with "34316 Motor current fault"(rob1_1), i check the Axis 1 mechanical and motor cable ,encoder cable, connections are fine.

Any leads on how to fix this

• A 38209 Resolver Error on axis 1 can only be the Serial Measurement Unit (SMU), axis 1 resolver, or the cable in between.

Besides checking the resolver cable connections at the motor and the SMU, make sure the shields for the cables at the SMU are cable tied (strapped) to the metal frame of the SMU.

If everything checks out, start with swapping out the SMU.

• Skooter thnx for reply, yesterday i have changed the SMB , since it's the easiest thing to do, i have checked the shields of cables, it was strapped . After this i found that the resolver cable insulation and shield near axis_3 motor is damaged. anyway to fix this without changing the whole cable (delivery time of cable 2-3 weeks)

• Make sure none of the wires in the cable have damaged insulation that allows the copper to touch each other and/or the shielding. Make sure the shielding is physically connected to both sides of the damage. Get that cable harness on order.

• we are back after the covid crisis 2 days ago and the robot works fine since that .So after replacing the smb card , should i update the SMB memory ? should i clear the memory of the old one ( to use it as a spare part) ? and how can i check the calibration offset ?

Advertising from our partners