Vibrations

• Hello all!

As a robot user that we are discussing about but not an expert for it, I am trying to find solution for my problems.

At first I thought that LDD brings solution.

I'm a videographer and I'm using cinema camera as a tool. The problems are vibrations as shown in the link below.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Perhaps my robot is damaged.

I've tried the same movement without camera today, but results were the same.

Any suggestions you might have, would be helpful and appreciated!

• honestly, i would expect much sharper video from videographer but ok, issue is clear.

my first question is - is the robot bolted to the floor? if not, there is your problem. if yes, are floor and mounting per KUKA instructions?

next question is the same but about EOAT.

finally what are the robot, controller, kss version? is this new or sued unit? what is the estimated payload in kg?

is the MADA correct? is load correct?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi panic mode,

the robot is properly bolted to the floor by an robot integration company. The tool is also firmly locked to the flange, but the vibrations occur even without the camera tool.

The robot is KR16R2010 C4

KSS 8.3.38

I attached the mada file.

I also noticed that the vibrations occur only during LIN movements, regardless of the continuity (with CONT and without). With PTP movements no vibrations at all.

I am now trying to remove the vibrations in the case with no load and without load data.

I also need to mention that LIN movements are only acceptable for me :unamused_face:

• Hi Ajvek,

I've seen it few times. Try to play a little bit with the speed, go just 1 or 2mm/s faster and check the results. From my experience it will help.

• that is only part of MADA and it is unclear if it matches your robot and installation.

i have seen the same thing when robot is close to singularity and elasticity compensation was enabled.

if none of suggesstions work for you, send KRCDiag to KUKA Support.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I've seen it few times. Try to play a little bit with the speed, go just 1 or 2mm/s faster and check the results. From my experience it will help.

Code
    it helps a little bit but it doesn't solve my problem. 
  • What is the distance between the points of the LIN-movement? We've encountered a similar problem using small increments.

Yes, when distances from point to point are smaller and slower then vibrations are bigger

• that is only part of MADA and it is unclear if it matches your robot and installation.

i have seen the same thing when robot is close to singularity and elasticity compensation was enabled.

if none of suggesstions work for you, send KRCDiag to KUKA Support.

Thank you for your advice!

• I am now trying to remove the vibrations in the case with no load and without load data.

What exactly do you mean here? What is the tool mass entered? And what type of robot is it, I might have missed this part? If you do not enter the correct tool mass, the robot assumes full payload and it could lead to oscillations.

• What exactly do you mean here? What is the tool mass entered? And what type of robot is it, I might have missed this part? If you do not enter the correct tool mass, the robot assumes full payload and it could lead to oscillations.

Completamente de acuerdo. Las sobre oscilaciones vienen producidas por un error de cálculo En la aceleración del robot por una carga mal definida. Un krc16 es un robot muy pequeño y se debe tener un buen cálculo de la masa como del centro de graVedad de la herramienta.

Google Translation:

Completely agree. The oscillations are caused by a calculation error in the acceleration of the robot by a poorly defined load. A krc16 is a very small robot and you must have a good calculation of the mass as ...

• Have you tried capturing an oscilloscope trace of the servos while this shaking is taking place? I'm a bit surprised that KUKA tech support didn't ask for one.

Did you use Mimic for Maya?

It is a free plugin for Maya

I didn't try make program from Maya. Just from RoboDK. But the results are the same.

Completamente de acuerdo. Las sobre oscilaciones vienen producidas por un error de cálculo En la aceleración del robot por una carga mal definida. Un krc16 es un robot muy pequeño y se debe tener un buen cálculo de la masa como del centro de graVedad de la herramienta.

Google Translation:

Completely agree. The oscillations are caused by a calculation error in the acceleration of the robot by a poorly defined load. A krc16 is a very small robot and you must have a good calculation of the mass as ...

They didn't ask.

Advertising from our partners