Safety Stop and robot drops down

• Hello,

Controller: KRC4 Compact

Robot: KR6 R900 Sixx

KSS: 8.3

Having a issue that is a bit wierd to me. Was testing/debugging some security breaching into the machine with opening doors and hatches etc when robot was in different positions in my program. Robot sits in a closed cabinet with a hatch and side doors for access. When suddenly as soon as the A2 is streched out a bit and i breached the Operator Safety by openign the doors the robot arm droped down 1-2inches before the breakes comes on. Tested the same positions with emergency stop and robot did what it suposed to do and the brakes worked perfect.

What is wrong or what can be the cause for this action? I have no clue..

//ApacheKaplan

Kind Regards<br /><br />ApacheKaplan21

• -THREAD SOLVED-

Contacted KUKA HQ and the issue was a similiar ''break fault'' on a another robot and is now solved via new Wov 6.0. They didnt want us to change some break parameters in the robot because it will change back to original values next time the robot gets connected to Wov. I dont know why but i guess our robot is a bit older now..?

But this problem happend only on when the signal Safe Operational Stop on X11 Contact pin 8 and 17 went LOW during T1 and EXT mode when robot is in motion or when drives and motors are Active without motion.. When signal is lost the robot breaks don't activate in time and the robot falls aprox 20mm Before the breakes come on. I solved this issue by jump wiring the signal and only using pin 4,13 & 19,29 instead… Works perfect!

Cheers

Kind Regards<br /><br />ApacheKaplan21

I solved this issue by jump wiring the signal and only using pin 4,13 & 19,29 instead… Works perfect!

I know it is a dead thread, but I am having seemingly similar problem with A2 axis on my recently acquired KR10 R1100 I have been setting up from unknown state. If you can recall what exactly you have done to get yours working, can you elaborate on the actions you described above?

Thanks

Advertising from our partners