Breakpoints in WorkVisual

• Can someone explain how are breakpoints in WoV used? Any manual or help file or any general guidance? So far I have not been able to break any program and the only way to achieve such debugging is to use HALTs.

• generally, one is stuck with stepping through code or using HALT.

it is a shame that in this age breakpoints are still not supported by KSS.

technically everything needed is already there - even for a DIY workaround:

1. one can evaluate system variable to get idea where in program instruction pointer is

2. one can use that to trigger program stop using CWRITE

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• 2. one can use that to trigger program stop using CWRITE

I assume you mean to use Cwrite from SUB, but woudn't that approach have timing issues? Or is it aiming not at exact line, but whereabouts?

Wouldn't (global) interrupt work better?

Also, one could configure module name and line numbers just by reading a file at program start, but how to get them into the file? Set up a hotkey to OCR from the screen? I am not aware of any CLI or API for WorkVisual.

• yeah... that may be an issue.

have not tried it myself but it's been on my to do list - use interrupt and $PRO_INFO[1].SNR calling CWRITE since $PROG_INFO[].P_MODE is probably write protected.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners