BZAL Alarm on one axis only

• Hi all,

I have had this alarm on this robot 2 times now in 2 months after a long period of power being off to the robot. The first time I changed the batteries just because.

What I am seeing is these 2 alarms only:

SSPC-134 Not calibrated (WT,G:1)

SRVO-062 BZAL alarm(Group:1, Axis 3)

What is throwing me off is that is has been only 1 axis both times. If it was a battery issue, I would expect it to be all 4 axis. (M410 robot, R30 Plus controller) The fact it isn't doesn't make much sense to me.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Or any recommenditions?

As a side note, this is a new install. Ran on our shop floor. Installed at customer's site. First time errors happened. Setup and ran hand fed material. Then powered down for 6 weeks. And now these errors after power up. Only robot out of multiples with this error.

Thanks all,

• What did the batteries measure? If the battery voltage was low enough to give a BZAL on one axis, I would expect at least a BLAL on the other axes.

Over the years, I've seen new robots and new replacement cables with the contacts in the cable connectors not fully seated or pins not properly crimped that caused intermittent issues - challenging to troubleshoot sometimes.

I would change the PulseCoder if checking and reseating the cables didn't fix it.

• Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Unfortunately I overlooked the obvious! What I found today was the connector going into the encoder had a piece cracked from it and did not hold on tight enough. I could wiggle the connector and get the BZAL alarm to show up every time!

Sorry for not starting at step 1. Grrrr...

Advertising from our partners