Problem with PR positions

• Hello everyone ,

I have a problem with movements with PR positions on a Fanuc M-20iD. Basically what is happening is that since I am using only PR positions to move because of the 4 different tools that i have the robot in certain points will rotate the tool for 360 degrees while using the same tool in the config. I tried to reteach the point and it always happens the same. I also noticed that it only happens if for example the starting movement is at -178 and the next point is at -180 or more the robot would rotate the gripper 360 degrees on the other side to reach the point. I don't know if this is normal behavior since it is the first time that I encountered this problem. If someone had the same problem or know how to resolve this I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance!

• Hi casper,

Moving Linear from one point to next point might solve this problem. (DEFAULT: turn of config is ignored, Or use MROT option)

When moving Joint the to a position , the path is (per default) calculated using the turn information from the position.

PR's and P's can be stored as JOINTPOS or CARTESIAN POS (XYZWPR) , check out you positions.

best regards

PnsStarter

• Thank you for your reply PnsStarter ,

I just checked the manual and you are correct , since I have the configuration on every PR for axis 6 equal to 0 (-179 , 179) my robot will always have this issue , i will try to use the linear movements only on critical position even though i prefer only joint because of cycle time.

I will try to ask also Fanuc to see if there is something else that i can do since I have 4 tools on gripper that in total makes a round of 360 degrees so I need to work this way since I also don't know which tool I am using since the positions may wary all the time .

Advertising from our partners