KRC4 Error Handling and System Messages

• KSS: 8.5.8

Robot: Various

Referring to this old thread that massula started about 5 years back, curious if there's been any follow up? (Source: KRC4 system messages manual)

Working on passing messages over TCP with the KRmsgNET TP. The following is a snippet from KRmsgNETSettings.xml, along with a comment for what the XML allows as far as customization. As you can tell, there's no option for message "severity" or importance. Best I see is %MessageType, which is not very granular.

Alternatively, there's the MBX_REC command. Documentation on this is... limited. Any pointers on what this function does, beyond the function definition EXTFCTP INT MBX_REC(INT MBX_ID :IN,STOPMESS MESS :OUT) from $OPERATE.DAT and $OPERATE_2.DAT? (source: KRC4 list of functions and subprograms)

• Place your Ad here!
  • Hello, paranoidandroid .

So, I didn't found any document where system messages / error codes were collected for KRC4 controllers.

Seems like KUKA changed the way it handle this subject, You will only find information about these codes on robot itself. And this will depend on options installed an so on.

• that is correct. the most recent document on messages was released in 2006. since then messages are compiled into individual HMTL pages that are placed on controller in C:\KRC\Help\en\Messages

you can access them straight from HMI using menu>Help

you can also get just message text (but no details) using single variable monitor and typing &nnnn where nnnn is a message number

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2