Yaskawa-Octopuz software

• Delfoi and Octopuz both provide a similar programming experience as they are both ran by Visual Components. The difference with them from your Motosim, WeldPro, DTPS, ect is that they don't use a teach pendant or robot languages when writing programs. You have to think about programming a little differently. More like a CNC is programmed with MasterCam or something similar. They aren't the best for loading programs back into the software. Instead, you would usually figure out what needs changed in the program, go back to your original, edit, and re-post.

The big win with them is once you have them set up and working well, they are insanely fast for writing programs. I can write a program with touch senses, multiple welds, position changes, all in the matter of a few minutes. I currently use Delfoi but had used Octopuz at my previous employer.

• This softwares have only good graphics and easy working but they are good for check reach ability of robot, i find a big problem with Yaskawa robots in Visual component, when mount robot on the ceiling, all axis work same as when robot in on the floor but in actually when robot mounting on the ceiling some of axis have limit in moving and this softwares couldn't understand it.

I think the best software for Yaskawa is Motosim not other offline softwares.

• This softwares have only good graphics and easy working but they are good for check reach ability of robot, i find a big problem with Yaskawa robots in Visual component, when mount robot on the ceiling, all axis work same as when robot in on the floor but in actually when robot mounting on the ceiling some of axis have limit in moving and this softwares couldn't understand it.

There are settings that your reseller will come in and calibrate on site to make things work as they should, I don't think this would be any sort of issue.

then which would be your favorite? seeing that you used both programs.

I'm fairly new to Delfoi, but I like their user interface better. It's a little more intuitive than what I had used with Octopuz. I know that Octopuz was doing a complete redesign of theirs recently, not sure if that is out there yet or not. Other than that, they are fairly similar with a few odds and ends that are different.

You're right. The best simulator for Yaskawa is Motosim, the software I use that I have no problem with. Octopus is just a curiosity to see if it can help me to program another type of welding robots.

• I would agree with that statement as well, I don't want to come off like I didn't, Delfoi and Octopuz are just a different style of programming, that a lot of us aren't really used to, and it takes a little bit different mindset when using it.

Advertising from our partners