IMSP/SFSPD not turning off? Learning PMC

• Learning how to PMC...I have some example code from another job. I've attached FANUC Ladder III to Roboguide, so I can experiment and watch signals and understand the code. New to PMC...newish to ladder logic (experienced enough to troubleshoot hold-ups).

So I'm not understanding how the IMSTP and even the SFSPD are being kept ON? There is no power going to those signals? I'm trying to digest the information in the PMC Assignment manual too, but that might be doing more harm than good thanks to the translation.

I think the answer is that the IMSTP G000.0 address is always being written to by the PMC to be ON? So therefore, unless the UOP is assigned to external I/O it'll always be ON? Is this correct? OR is this some kind of Roboguide bug (with having FANUC Ladder attached)?

Thanks to any one who stop by and provides help, ahead of time!

• I haven't used PMC, but there's really no reason to ever shut off those 2 signals.

You can pause the robot using hold=off. You can safety stop the robot using the fence stop, external e-stop, or DCS.

So really no reason for the extra signals to have any logic just have them on an always on rung.

• That's fine, I am used to seeing our PLC guys use the signals/methods you described anyways...just from a knowledge/learning aspect I didn't understand why they are consistently on. From the little i know about PLC/ladder logic - if power goes from relay to coil...the coil goes on, if no power then coil is off.

• FIgured it out...Under Run Configuration I was using a job depending on user selected...when I changed that to No UOP Control this means that an external device is issuing what the UOP will do. When I changed to No UOP Control, the first three UOP In signals went off. Now I think I can continue debugging.

I also managed to get FANUC Ladder III setup with Roboguide...Roboguide to KepServer to talk to FactoryTalk HMI software. Friggin' awesome :smiling_face: Now I can do all my offline debugging I need for my next project!

Advertising from our partners