Zero information anywhere about this issue, please help Fanuc Rj2 error: SRVO-147

• I just cannot get to the bottom of this, if someone experienced this or knows the answer please let me know.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Have a working fanuc 120 robot rj2 that wasn't used for some time. Powered it on, ran a program (it did have SRVO-014 abnormal fan, but the robot still ran programs etc so it wasn't a big issue for me. Made a robot program, ran it couple times.

Decided to fix the abnormal fan problem, I had another fanuc 120 rj2 that was working that I took a fan from and installed it, it has same specs/size just a different brand. Turned the controller/robot on and get these errors:

SRVO-147 LVAL (DCLK) alarm (G:1 A:1)

SRVO-147 LVAL (DCLK) alarm (G:1 A:2)

And the servo amplifier shows error code 4.

Here is what the manual says regarding this error:

SRVO-147 SERVO LVAL(DCLK) alarm (G:%d A:%d)

l Cause: This alarm indicates a problem with the back-up charge circuit for the amplifier.

l Remedy: 1. Check the cable between the servo amplifier (CN1) and the MCC. Replace

it if necessary.

2. For a model using the B cabinet, check whether the transformer fuses (F1 and F3)

have blown.

3. Replace the printed circuit board for emergency stop control.

4. Replace the servo amplifier.

1. So I check the cables, everything is fine. Replaced cables with the other fanuc 120 rj2 that I had. Not fixed.

2. Checked the F1 F2 and F3 fuses, all good

4. Replaced the servo amplifier with the fanuc 120 rj2, problem still not fixed.

5. Replaced the MCC/actuator. Not fixed.

So at this point I decided to connect the other fanuc 120 rj2 that I got these parts from. I put everything back including the servo amplifier back to this second robot and lo and behold this second robot has the EXACT SAME ERRORS.

Here is what 'temporarily works':

1. I turn on the controller with the TP on.

2. As I press the deadman switch I wait a second and then push on the MCC/actuator until it 'clicks in' by itself.

Then the robot works for that session. If I restart the robot and I press deadman switch it just gives me the errors and I cannot reset them.

Anyone know what the issue is?:upside_down_face:

• Those old contactors do get weak with age and metal dust. If you have to press on it to get it to work, then both may need replacing. If it doesn't pull in all the way, make sure the contactor is getting its 200-230VAC when actuated at terminals A1 & A2.

Carefully check the 3-phase AC voltage going in to the servo amp at AC1, AC2, AC3 found the bottom, RH corner. It should show over 210VAC when measuring phase-to-phase.

Have also seen a low incoming phase do this. The 2 phases used by the power supply are good but the 3rd phase is low.

• Those old contactors do get weak with age and metal dust. If you have to press on it to get it to work, then both may need replacing. If it doesn't pull in all the way, make sure the contactor is getting its 200-230VAC when actuated at terminals A1 & A2.

Carefully check the 3-phase AC voltage going in to the servo amp at AC1, AC2, AC3 found the bottom, RH corner. It should show over 210VAC when measuring phase-to-phase.

Have also seen a low incoming phase do this. The 2 phases used by the power supply are good but the 3rd phase is low.

Ok yes this was the problem, I was getting 170 onone phase into the MCC.

To anyone who might need it in the future, what I did was I swapped with another transformer that powered the controller which gave about 490v to the controller I think the older transformer was low, and I also got thicker gauge wire going into the controller and I cleaned out the controller's transformer. When I checked the voltage going into the MCC its 217v on all 3 now. So both robots work now.

Thanks

Advertising from our partners