R-axis Alarm 4328

• Hi,

My robot is a Motoman SSA3 with NX100 controler

When I try move the "R" axis, instantly the alarm 4328 appears (SERVO TRACKING ERROR), and the "R" axis doesn't move anything.

It had already appeared once. I switched it off and on and the alarm disappeared. But it doesn't work now.

Do you have any idea what it might be?

Thank you

Best regards

• Did you try brake release like it the other post?

Could be brakes not releasing, motor/encoder, or mechanical drive.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Does it squeal when you move it by hand? High pitch when you give it a jerk. That’s not a very big robot. Doesn’t take a huge amount of force to move it by hand at the end effector. I prefer to release the brake and listen for the click at the motor.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Hopefully brake release is turned on. Go to ROBOT in the Main Menu. Towards the far right is MANUAL BRAKE RELEASE. When you touch the icon a dialog will pop up asking “Manual Brake Release Operate?” Touch “YES”. Cursor to the R-axis. Hold the enable switch in the middle position, press and hold INTERLOCK, press and hold SELECT. The status circle should fill in.

You should hear the brake release. A click.

Brake release was not a standard (at least in the US) until halfway through the NX run. Roughly 2006. If you don’t see the icon, it is not turned on.

Advertising from our partners