S7-1500 PLC PROFINET connecting to Fanuc R-30iA Ethernet/IP

• Hello,

I'm very new in this and in need of help please as time is ticking. Pardon me my probably very limited knowledge of terminology and all...

We have Siemens S7-1500 PLC with Profinet, should be Master (if i understand correctly term Scanner can be used as well)

We need to make it communicate with Fanuc R-30iA Controller with Ethernet/IP enabled (payed option, working already). This controller is Adapter (or Slave, right?).

My colleague tried to make program on PLC side which would somehow convert PLC Profinet to Controller Ethernet/IP as he read on internet somewhere but failed in his effort.

Now we are looking for module for PLC, converter Profinet to Ethernet/IP.

I found this one HD67661-A1 but my knowledge is very limited and I dont want to mess up.

Can someone please confirm this is right one and it should work?

Please if you have time you can also leave a bit of explanation. As far as I know there are different converters for different purposes, like Profinet Master to Ethernet/IP Master etc.

If I understand correctly, HD67661-A1 will "change" Profinet Master to Ethernet/IP Master and then "search" for Eth/IP Slave so it should work. Really cant afford to order wrong one.

Or can somebody suggest some solution, other controler which will work?

Thanks in advance.

Advertising from our partners