Initialization of working directory xxx failed

• I am trying to commission a 2nd hand robot. I can connect to the robot via KLI and can browse and retrieve projects, but when I go to the "Programming and diagnosis" workspace and try to add a connection to the robot, I get an error message "Initialization of working directory <hostname> failed". The "Downloading Files" window flashes briefly beforehand.

(Hopefully) Relevant info:

I believe that at one point I did have a working connection in the programming and diagnosis workspace and I deleted it, when I wrongly thought I needed to when swapping from one robot to another.

Tried in WorkVisual 6.0.3 and 5.0.10 with fresh installs of both and in 6.0.3 on another laptop

Tried running as administrator

I have full access and control of C:\Users\myUserName\Documents\WorkVisual 5.0\Repositories

Windows 7 64bit

KRC4 controller and KR120 R3200 PA Robot

Version 8.3.14.105

I have tried with an SSD from another robot

Possibly relevant info:

This robot was bought at the same time as another, and in the process of recommissioning a lot of things got swapped. I believe the configuration I have at the moment has the SSD and robot matched, but inside the wrong cabinet (although it is the same type)

There are options on the robot that I do not have installed (and ultimately don't need)

Cell Id does not match Robot Id (I can't remember if that's normal or not, but that was the reason I deleted the original connection, thinking it was remembering the other robot)

• well.... is the directory name for <hostname> valid? any special characters etc? what language your OS and WoV use?

i purposely deleted content of Repository directory, refreshed cell, placed checkmark next to controller then inKRC Explorer selected Load files from controller. Everything was normal and i got all files in repository.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• My username has a period "." in it ("name.DOMAIN"). Other than that no special characters. Robot name is Letters/numbers/dashes.

Everything is set to English(American).

I don't believe workvisual has a problem with the period because it happily saves and loads projects in my documents folder.

Just for kicks, I changed the path in Options to point to a different folder (USB root folder) and changed the naming convention and get the same error. "Initialization of the working directory Test failed"

• that should make no difference, in fact there is a dot in preceeding folder (5.0).

something weird is going on. can you show where exactyl you click when message pops up?

and can you show screenshot of the message?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners