ASEA IRB-6

• Hi All,

I’ve always wanted an ASEA IRB-6 and I have had two opportunities to buy one and each time I have talked myself out of it and each time I have thoroughly regretted it. Does anyone vaguely near Dallas Texas know of a fixer upper they’d be willing to part with for a reasonable price?

Thanks,

Andrew

• S2 parts are really hard to come by. Unless you find a package with many spare parts, I would look for something newer. The 5-axis IRB6 is limited on work envelope, the L6 version adds a little more. The IRB2000 took over most of the small robot applications when it came out in 1987. I think the last ones we purchased used for resale was back in 1996 or 97. The first 2 robots I ever worked with were a stage 2 IRB6 & a stage 3 IRBL6.

• Yeah, I’d expect most of them to have been shredded by now. I’ve always wanted one simply because it’s such a historically significant robot. Id almost be happy just to have one just to look at with an added bonus being maybe make it do something. Same with the unimate 2000 series, though I bet there are like ten of those left in the world. I kinda horde robots some working some not, you could say it’s a problem but I suppose there are worse problems, or at least that’s what I tell myself. I have two workings up-130s, one working up-165 one not working, five up-6s all but one work just no controllers, a working Fanuc p-50, non working p-150 and p-155, and two adept scara robots in pieces. You uploaded manuals for the irb-6 correct? Where can I find those now. I do love a good manual and might just have to be content with that.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Hi,

welcome to the club, I just got working IRB S1, this is my thread: IRB6 S1 robot in working order - need more info to get it going. No response yet :frowning_face:

Edited once, last by Lemster68: I was pretty wary of link to site, where a pop-up window said stuff about continuing on the site allows them to access my data and share it, so I removed the link. I clicked on "I do not agree", but it even said that closing the pop-up gives consent. Many people will simply close a pop-up, thereby giving consent to collect their data. ().

• I finally found one! Unfortunately the controller was lost , that being said it’s more of a for looks antique at this point anyway , I think I’m gonna put a sconce on it, put it in my living room and call it a lamp lol. As has been mentioned 5 axis robots are pretty limited at this point, but damn do they look cool.

Advertising from our partners