Epson Robot Programming

• Automotive mfg facility utilizing Kuka Robots in previous years, recently we have some new Epson Gantry Robots (G3, G8, G10 models) that would be nice if we could edit specific points in a job while in auto. Previous robot experiences call this feature Dynamic Editing or PAM, is this possible with Epson Robots???? Any information would be very beneficial, Thanks

• Hi wllmsnamy

Welcome to the robot forum

I far as I know unless there is a radical change that I'm not aware in the last few month. you can not change the point while running. On Epson you have to build the job everytime you do a change like that and you can only rebuild when is not running

Retired but still helping

• Automotive mfg facility utilizing Kuka Robots in previous years, recently we have some new Epson Gantry Robots (G3, G8, G10 models) that would be nice if we could edit specific points in a job while in auto. Previous robot experiences call this feature Dynamic Editing or PAM, is this possible with Epson Robots???? Any information would be very beneficial, Thanks

I am a little late to the post because I spend most of my time digging in the Fanuc group trying to learn a new robot.

It's definitely possible to load different points files, change the points in those files, and save the points in those files. You just need to make sure you are using the proper commands for what you are trying to achieve. You can always modify the points but if you don't use a SavePoints command then the points will revert back to the original point data.

LoadPoints "pointfile.pts"

SavePoints "pointfile.pts"

I have used Epson robots extensively they last 15 years so if you have additional questions or would like to see some samples coding please let me know. My experience is specifically with the RC170/180, RC520, and RC620 controllers so if you have something newer then I can't be much help but I don't believe they would have removed this functionality.

Advertising from our partners