Faunc Robot PNS UOP Question

• Hi everyone,

I am new to Fanuc robot, the robot I am working on has 30ib controller.

I am using PNS and UOP metod.

I have the controller in Auto, tech pendant is off, reset, not alarm.

The controller is set up to talk to AB compact Logix plc,

UI 1 IMSTP

UI 2 HOLD

UI 3 SFSPD

UI 8 ENABLE

UO 2 SYSTEM READY

UO 7 AT PERCH

The above inputs and outputs are on at the point.

At this point, how do I start the program? UI 6? I looked the PLC program we had before, it looks like we never use UI 6 START to initiate the program.

In the PLC, I am waiting for the UO 1 (cmd enabled) to copy number to PNS

then UI 18 PNS STROBE THEN UI 18 Prod start if SNO and SNACK are ok.

The issue is I never have the UO 1 (cmd enabled) from the robot, controller is not in the step mode.

This robot has DCS setup before, Coordinate system shows S/JOINT. S/UFRAME etc...I am not sure if DCS is the reason UO1 does not turn on.

Does anyone have some idea?

Thank you very much!

• UI 18 is your start. Try pressing fctn>abort all on the teach pendant. You should have cmd enable signal if the robot is ready to run.

Also check active alarms and history to see if any faults occured.

Also check the prog select menu to see if any production checks are not met. Check dcs menu also.

• UI 18 is your start. Try pressing fctn>abort all on the teach pendant. You should have cmd enable signal if the robot is ready to run.

Also check active alarms and history to see if any faults occured.

Also check the prog select menu to see if any production checks are not met. Check dcs menu also.

Thank you for the replay, so cmd enable should be on before turn on UI 18 to start the signal, right?

I am trying to simulate the issue in robotguide, can cmd enable be turned on in robotguide?

• CMD enable is controlled automatically by the robot and yes, is required before you turn on a start signal, otherwise the robot will not start.

It should work in Roboguide, but must be configured, robot must be in auto with TP off and no faults. Would be easier to check on a real robot.

• Hey Guys,

I have an S430i and i can not get this robot to turn UO1 - CMD ENABLED on... All of my necessary UI signals are on, TP is not in step and is not on, controller KS is in auto, I'm in REMOTE mode, I'm in INTERLOCK mode, I'm using Style select, no faults exist, robot is at home... I can turn it on by hand but it only stays on for a second.... I have cycled power, I cold-started... not sure what else to do.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Advertising from our partners