Roboguide part pick simulation

• Im trying to add a simulation to a program i already wrote on the virtual TP. How do I Create picking 150-450 parts easily. By not creating a sim programs? is there a way to call a part array? and activate the pick in the sim via a TP program?

i really would hate to create a 150 partpick/simulation programs and call each one indivually. it has to be possible, Palletpro does it behind the scenes somehow.

• The way I typically handle it is to create a small sim pick program the does a Pick From with the [*] option as the index of where to pick from. When you set the index to *, the robot gripper will pick the part that is closest to the gripper you have defined to pick that part.

I then call this sim pick program from a TP program that handles all the offset math and general path stuff.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• The way I typically handle it is to create a small sim pick program the does a Pick From with the [*] option as the index of where to pick from. When you set the index to *, the robot gripper will pick the part that is closest to the gripper you have defined to pick that part.

I then call this sim pick program from a TP program that handles all the offset math and general path stuff.

This was a huge help! made life easier. thanks nation

• Turns out it disabling the "allow part to be placed" under fixture properties> simulation got rid of it. .... why it was just a few showing up and the other 150 parts didn't matter, i'm not sure.

Advertising from our partners