(W1078) Clock Synchronization is Failed

• Never come across that warning before, or is it mentioned in any of the Troubleshooting Manuals.....:hmmm:

At a guess, though:

The CPU board (1TA/VA) houses a coin cell battery for the RTC (real time clock) and BIOS

I would guess this is the 'clock' it is referring to and the 'time' of the Controller not being in sync for whatever reason.

Possibly this battery is too low and may require replacing......As a logical guess only.

Do a backup and compare it with a previous backup and see if the 'timestamp' is different, this would confirm the warning is valid.

Then I'd get another battery and swap it out, reset the time/date in Aux 0809 and see if that resolves it.

• Another Ford spec...

I couldn't find the description of the warning in the manuals since this is Ford specific. Essentially this alarm occurs when the clock from the controller cannot be synced with the time set to the network that it will eventually be tied to.

If I wanted to clear the alarm, I need to turn the system switch "CLOCK_SYNC_HI_PRIO" off.

• So my guess was clearly off the mark...………………:away:

Essentially this alarm occurs when the clock from the controller cannot be synced with the time set to the network that it will eventually be tied to.

I haven't come across that switch in the other controllers, could well be unique to E52.

So when that is tied together, that should sync the Controller time to the Network then.....

I expect this will be used in conjunction with auto file saves/data collating possibly.

Good to know though, and thanks for the info...………:top:

Advertising from our partners