Teach pendant type

• Hi

What controller type/types teach pendant model jzrcr-ypp02-1 should work with? It looks just like dx100 teach pendant but it is written nx100 in the bottom of the keypad..

With nx100 controller it gives program version unmathed error. With dx100 it gets stuck in the blue screen where program versin chech should start and with dx200 it gets stuck in the screen with picture of the robot.

I guess something needs to be updated, but what..

Thank you

• Hi,

it's a combination of PP version (the code that you write in your post) and software version of the controller (for example NS3.95A-00) that gives you the possibilities to switch a pendant.

Now you need a program pendant upgrade that is a special yaskawa procedure:

contact yaskawa they will give you a program, put it in a CF card and then you have to type some command.

• The YPP02 is a NX100 Paint non-intrinsically safe programming pendant. The programming pendant software mismatch simply means that the software on the pendant and the software in the controller are not compatible. If the pendant is connected to a NX100 controller and you answer "yes" on the screen, the controller will rewrite the pendant software to match. Once done the pendant reboots.

This mismatch function is automatic on most newer controllers.

Could it be a normal DX100 pendant? Yes, the process though can be painful. I have had times when going backwards (DX100 pendant (YPP04) to a NX100 controller), I had to do the process multiple times. Hours spent doing this. NX100 pendant (NPP04) on a DX100 controller to seemed to be fairly quick and easy.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners