Master Tool

• Hello

In some documents and pictures i see there are master tool in P-Variables but i couldn't find it in our controller and in motosim. Can any person say how can we active master tool and see it?

Best Regards

• You have to have the coordinated motion software option turned on. When you calibrate a robot to another robot or a robot to an external axis the master tool frame will be available.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• After enabling 027 COORDINATED INSTRUCTION and 132 EXTENDED CONTROL GROUP options in YRC1000 how to make and use MASTER TOOL in MotoSim EG-VRC ? I haven't found it in docs.

• if you are doing it with real robot, just import cmos.bin into motosim

Motosim is the only what I have at the moment. I'm learning yaskawa robots and trying to make a master tool user coordinates

• Motosim is the only what I have at the moment. I'm learning yaskawa robots and trying to make a master tool user coordinates

Once you get your hardware in place. The software can create the master tool frame based on layout. It maybe the controller tab, file setting, and then robot calibration. I’m assuming your using MotoSim EG-VRC and not MotoSim EG.

As far as a master tool user coordinate ( if this means a user frame that rotates with the master tool frame) that is an option. You can not turn it on in MotoSim EG-VRC. This would be turned on in the real controller and be in the cmos when loaded into the virtual controller.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• As far as a master tool user coordinate ( if this means a user frame that rotates with the master tool frame) that is an option. You can not turn it on in MotoSim EG-VRC

Thank you. The further I go with yaskawa the more surprises I get. I've spent a lot of time trying to get master tool. I wonder why yaskawa decided to restrict that feature, I thought it's a standard offline feature.

P.S. May be MotoPlus could also be turned on on MotoSim EG-VRC by uploading cmos.bin from the real hardware controller?

• I wonder why yaskawa decided to restrict that feature, I thought it's a standard offline feature.

The feature isn't restricted. A small percentage of people use this.

You have to have multiple pieces of hardware on the controller.

You need to have coordinated motion turned on.

Advertising from our partners