Feed wire in Job

• Dear,

I added a torch cleaner in my UP6 XRC.
    All works fine, just, except to use the wire cutter.

I would like feed the wire to cut it after. How to feed the wire in a job program.
    It's seems to be OT#4095 , but i don't know how to use it. I can't find ladder documentation.

To clean the torch, the easiest is to call the job "clean_torch" in my main program, and make variable for example clean it each 4 cycle?
    What do you think?

If you have any idea, it will be great!

regards,

Wavemill

• hello

You can create a job same as you said, (clean-torch).

In this job use DOUT OT#4095 ON for active feed. Also you must a timer and after that turn off the output.

DOUT OT#4095 ON

TIMER T=2 sec ( it is depend on the wire feed speed)

DOUT OT#4095 OFF

For cycle, you can use INC B000 instruction and increase every time the welding finished. And you must use SET B000 0 in your clean-torch. Use a condition instruction same as IFTHEN and check B000 every time become 4 and go to clean-torch when this condition becom correct.

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

About DOUT OT#4095 OFF , in the job I can only put 3 digital liké DOUT OT#XXX

In the documentation, there is this:

 OT#4095, OT#4087, OT#4079, OT#4071, OT#4063, OT#4055, OT#4047, OT#4039: WIRE OPERATION State These signals are connected in the system ladder. When these signals are ON, the wire operation output to the welder is executed. Use the signals to control wire in the job. The feed speed is determined by the last welding current output value in the playback. To control this speed, place the “ARCSET” instruction before the wire operation. For a system with one application, use OT#4095 to OT#4096.

If you Have any idea.

Regards,

Wavemill

• XRC only has 192 outputs. The documentation you are looking at is for a much newer controller.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Use

PULSE OT#(xx) T=2.00

instead of

DOUT OT#(xx) ON

TIMER T=2.00

DOUT OT#(xx) OFF

Otherwise if something or somebody stops the robot or puts it on hold while it's on the TIMER line the wire will continiue to feed and you'll end up with a mess.

• The same does not apply to the nozzle reamer - you want that to keep going even if the robot stops.

• Hi,

Finally i found documentation on the web.

OT#191 to OT#192, OT#183 to OT#184, OT#175 to OT#176 WIRE OPERATION

These signals are connected in the system ladder. When these signals are on, the

wire operation output to the welder is executed. Use the signals to control wire in the

job. The feed speed is determined by the last welding current output value in the playback.

To control this speed, place the “ARCCUR” instruction before the wire operation.

For a system with one application, use output No. 191 or 192.

I used OT#191 and it works like a charm.

Thank you for your help!

wavemill

Advertising from our partners